1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Undertanding Prayer in Tongues

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, May 13, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. mactx

mactx New Member

Nice guy. I like his voice.
    I do not agree.
    We are told tongues will cease.
    We are also told that if one speaks in tongues and there is not one there to interpret the tongue they need to be quiet.
    We all can have (true believers anyway) the Holy Spirit. Our fruit will reflect that.
    However the gifts were given only by the laying on of the apostles hands. I have not heard of God coming down and appointing any new apostles. Remember the criteria for an apostle. They were hand picked and had seen and talked personally with Christ.(this is what happened to Saul on the Damascus road) He only picked 13 out of all those who followed him. One of those betrayed him and so the 11 picked another.
    Christ himself came and selected Saul the worst enemy the church had at the time, and made him over into Paul, the best (imho) of the church fathers to the gentiles.