1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Undiscovered doctrines, teachings, prophecies and other revelations

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Bro. Ruben, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    HERETIC! Just kidding ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Wouldn't be the first time. ;)

2. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

But you used those verses as a proof text against the statement of Gold Dragon. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, I did.

My point was that it IS possible to be up to speed on all doctrine.
    Paul repeatedly made this claim according to the passages I posted.

Therefore, there is nothing undiscovered, but plenty that is misunderstood by many people.

There will never be some new prophecy found that has been missed by every biblical scholar in history.

Nor some doctrine in scripture that has never been noticed.

That's all I'm trying to say.

MR

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Are you asking if anything is more to be said, or if anything is left to be understood?

I think Daniel 12 argues that there are things that cannot yet be understood.

Daniel 12:8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, "My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?" 9 He replied, "Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.

The question is, have we reached or passed the time of the end where these things are no longer closed up and sealed? Considering how many conflicting interpretations of prophecy there are, my guess would be "no". But it's just a guess. Maybe it has all been revealed and most of the conflicting views are simply wrong.