1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unforgivable Sin

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark 3:29 says: "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"

Dr Stanley talks about the unpardonable sin

Now, is the unpardonable simply rejecting salvation? If so - then would a baby be guilty of rejecting? If not, then his sins would then be pardoned based on the "age of accountability"

thoughts

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'll give it a shot.
    I believe blasphemy is the unpardonable sin. I define that as attributing the works of God to Satan. By the time someone gets to that point, he has crossed the point of no return. The worst condemnation God can pronounce on one is to leave him alone.

The sin of rejecting Jesus is forgivable. God does it all the time to those who repent of it and trust Christ.

As far as infants and children, I believe they are safe

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Rejecting the beckoning of the Holy Spirit to me also means you have rejected but at what time does it become the unpardonable sin? When physical death occurs.