1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Uni-corny unicorn

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by robycop3, Dec 20, 2004.

1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Remember, Moses wrote that at least one pair, male and female, of EVERY CREATURE went aboard the ark. It should be a no-brainer that meant every THEN-LIVING creature.I hardly believe that Noah woulda missed such a creature as megalosaurus, which was 1/4 the size of the ark, had they been extant.-------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------

Robycop3;
    The no-brainer is demonstrated in your assumption that Noah would be stupid enough to take full grown animals of some kinds.
    They were 2 of each kind not 2 of every creature as you assume. All you gotta do is read with comprehension.

In HIS service;
    Jim

2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 7:1-9 (KJV)
    1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
    2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
    3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
    4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
    5 And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him.
    6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
    7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
    8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
    9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

1. Kind is your interpretation - not what the text says. 2. Noah went into the ark first and then the animals followed, so God directed the animals to go and not Noah.

3. Slambo

Slambo New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Then where *DID* you get that extra-Biblical nonsense??!!

You harp about things not found in scripture,and yet blabber on about somthing not found in scripture..

Pot calling the kettle black-ism.(Prov 11:1)

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Parasaurolophus was indigenous to North America, not the Middle East. Next!

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Slambo:Then where *DID* you get that extra-Biblical nonsense??!!

Explaining such things as fossils is the subject for another forum, but I'll be more than happy to prove it to you in the appropriate forum.

NOW...Care to prove the re'em was a mythical critter and that "wild ox" or similar is wrong?

Have any of you "Unicorn boosters" ever done as I suggested & asked a JEW what a re'em is?

6. Faith Fact Feeling

Faith Fact Feeling New Member

Did you have a point in this comment?

Some of “us” are not confused.

Did you know that relativity explains how 6 days could pass on earth and 15 billion years for the most distant regions of space? Obviously not.

Did Noah have to bring adults? Maybe Noah and God knew a few things you don't?

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Not entirely true, sir. NOTE:
    Ge 6:18
    But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.
    Ge 6:19
    And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
    Ge 6:20
    Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
    Ge 6:21
    And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
    Ge 6:22
    ¶ Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

The text speaks for itself. That is IF you were to include ALL of it, instead of just that part which you seem to think supports your preconceived notions. :D

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, how would one man alone get all those critters from all over the world to come docilely into his ark? How would he provide food for'em all? What would he do about sanitation? How would he keep them from eating each other, and eating the people also?

Yes, GOD placed the animals near the ark, caused them to enter, and somehow suppressed their appetites to the bare minimum. The act was more an act of GOD rather than Noah's. Noah did his part by building the ark according to God's instructions and God did His part by causing all the critters to enter the ark peacefully, with little or no appetite & little to no "waste elimination"...and He kept'em all safe from the violence of the flood.

BTW, did Noah have any UNICORNS aboard?

9. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    quote:Originally posted by robycop3: Try a little study, Slambo. Do you realize that less than 1/20 of all the various species of both plants & animals that have ever existed are alive today?

FFF:Did you have a point in this comment?

Yes...there had been many species of life live and die before God created man.

quote:God didn't allow fossils to form and geological evidence to exist to CONFUSE us.

Some of “us” are not confused.

Well, I'm certainly not. I look at the evidence at face value, as God left it for us.

quote: He didn't allow us to discover the maximum speed of light & how to roughly measure the distances to many stars just to throw us off. There is a vast amount of evidence showing there has been life on earth for AGES before God ever created man or arranged the land and seas into their present order.

Did you know that relativity explains how 6 days could pass on earth and 15 billion years for the most distant regions of space? Obviously not.

Obviously, I HAVE, since all the evidence points to this planet and many of the stars as being VERY old as we measure time. All the evidence points to several worldwide catastrophes having occurred, including more than one universal flood. In fact, according to Scripture, earth was all under water when God made the present arrangement of land and sea.

quote:Remember, Moses wrote that at least one pair, male and female, of EVERY CREATURE went aboard the ark. It should be a no-brainer that meant every THEN-LIVING creature.I hardly believe that Noah woulda missed such a creature as megalosaurus, which was 1/4 the size of the ark, had they been extant.

Did Noah have to bring adults? Maybe Noah and God knew a few things you don't?

They knew some things which NEITHER of us knows...but GOD made sure to leave us evidence of some of the things He'd done in the distant past.

Time is relative to God...He made stadily-progressing time for OUR existence. We do NOT know exactly what He did before man existed, but He's left us some evidence all over the world.

Now...Did Noah have any UNICORNS aboard the ark?

10. Faith Fact Feeling

How do you think? Could God have helped? Me thinks so.

Try reading “Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study” by Woodmorappe. He is a staff scientist with ICR I believe.

We agree here.

The single horned creature is mentioned in scripture after the flood….so the obvious answer is yes.

11. Faith Fact Feeling

So you are unbiased? The sudden explosion of life in the fossil record is best explain by a flood…..correct?

So you are aware that the earth could have been created in six literal days roughly 6000 years ago and the cosmos be 15 billion years old in its most distant regions? If you are aware of this possibility, please explain, because you seem to be evading this one.

Yes

Distant? How distant? How distant for who? You allude to the relativity of time, can you apply it? I can. Distant past is irrelevant to God, 6000 years for man, and 15 billion years for the distant cosmos.

God dwells in eternity. Our time progresses steadily. Yes, yes.

Yes. Not exactly.

Most of earth’s geology and fossil record is a result of the flood which happened since man’s existence.

Yes.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unicorns on the ark? Yeah, right.

I'm talking about the mythical horse-like creature with a spiral horn in the middle of its head, not some other critter the KJVOs call a unicorn to try to justify that word in the KJV.

As for an old earth, I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you (and Slambo, if he so chooses) in the proper forum. Let's not get away from the subject at hand here.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moderators...I believe this thread has served its purpose. I even presented material which provides a sound reason why the AV men wrote 'unicorn' but some KJVOs showed their intelligence and tried to shift the conversation to another subject.

Will one of you please lock it out?