1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unification Church

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by LeBuick, Nov 8, 2006.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What do you guys know about Sun Myung Moon and Unification Church? They have been contacting ministers in the area and I have to admit, I don't know the full story on these guys. They appear to be a form of a ecumenical movement.

2. Soulman

Soulman New Member

They would be ecumenical if you let them. They are even too cultish for that crowd.

First they believe that the story of Adam and Eve was an allagory. They believe the temptation of Eve was sex with the serpent therefore polluting mans lineage.

Reverend Moon believes that he is Christ incarnate and is here to restore the human race with his perfect blood (through sex).

I am sure that he has backed off of that position a little as he is in his 80's.

They only let converts marry if it is approved by church officials. Usually after marriage the couples are split up and sent to different mission fields where they sell flowers and other items. They send most of the money to the organization and live in poverty.

This is a dangerous cult which I believe has already seen it's peak days. But you can be burnt by a small flame as well as a large one.

You should get as far away from them as possible.:eek:

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moon teaches that Jesus failed at his mission, and he is the "Messiah of the Second Coming," come to finish the work Jesus started. He also teaches that Jesus will bow down to him as the king of kings and lord of lords.

They go by the name, “Family Federation for World Peace and Unification,” among others.

They are a non-Christian cult! And his followers are still out there.

#3 SBCPreacher, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry. Duplicate post.

#4 SBCPreacher, Nov 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2006
  5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I ran into a couple of guys outside a grocery store a few months ago. They wanted me to buy a sun catcher. I ended up witnessing to them for about 30 minutes, but they are pretty brainwashed. One guy would keep referring to his 'father' and it took me a while to figure out who he was talking about. They would pretend to agree with anything except that Jesus is the only way to be saved. And they were so young to, it was really sad to see.

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

He walks together with Tim and Beverly Lahaye of Left Behind fame, has provided financial support to them and thus, likely has influence over the Council of National Policy.

Moon has a somewhat unique distinction in having provided millions of dollars to both Kim Jong Il as well as the Bush family and the Washington Times (founded and owned by Moon) was influential in both Bush elections.

He claims that Jesus Christ failed his mission and he is here to complete the job. He is famous for presiding over mass marriage ceremonies and has been alleged to engage in the brain-washing of his "true believers".

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Moon and his followers are a cult...some have claimed his influence over the Bushes is great, and he has made large campaign donations (probably to get a tax evasion pardon) so that has legs...but the LaHaye claim is patently untrue.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is what started me listening, one of my young preachers made this comment to me last night. Jesus is not the only way to be saved. When he first said it I laughed because I thought he was joking then he gave me a look like it wasn't funny to him. He was on to preach for mid week service last night but I decided to preach instead.

He hangs or pals around with a couple of Pastors so I didn't suspect he was falling victim of a cult. He told me about Moon after service which was why it was on my mind. It's my fault for not catching the signs earlier that he was in over his head. I guess I'll put my arms around him and being him in close. This doesn't appear to be something a little prayer and study won't cure.

What part of I am THE way does he not get?

9. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Evil incarnate!

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Pastor

Save that young man's soul . . . If he is so weak in the 'faith' that that anti-christ can mislead him, then he may not be saved.

Get him saved & get him wet - then disciple him.

God bless & praying for you!

Wayne

11. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

In addition to all that has been said, there are two points I would like to make:

1. The Unification Church will operate under many guises, with titles of committees and societies and the like, all of which purport to study and promote the unity of the sciences, religion, etc. But these are all fronts for Sun Myung Moon's propaganda;
    2. The Unification people spread a lot of money around among ministers and have been able to appeal to greed by giving those who attend their events expensive presents and other blandishments. But if you do that, your name is going to be used as indicating support for their movement.
    In short, stay away!

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Thanks Brother, I appreciate much prayer.

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Brother Pastor,

I always pray when one of ours is defending the faith from such spawn of satan as an anti-christ . . .

;)

Expect spiritual warfare. Use Matt 18

http://www.neverthirsty.org/pp/corner/read2/r00836.html - a good website - though I doubt you need it.

Wayne

14. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Sourcewatch - Tim Lahaye
    "LaHaye was later employed by controversial Reverend Sun Myung Moon as chairman of Moon's Coalition for Religious Freedom"​

Rolling Stone - Reverend Doomsday

"What set it into motion was his connection with the weird would-be messiah Rev. Sun Myung Moon, whose Unification Church cult of "Moonies" was viewed by most Christians as laughably heretical. When Moon got entangled in legal controversy, LaHaye sprang to his defense, amid reports that he'd received substantial funding from the wealthy Moon. By the time LaHaye backed away, it was too late. His credibility was shot, and the American Coalition for Traditional Values soon folded."​

Let Us Reason - The Dark Side of the Moon
    "Christian leaders have been criticized for what some perceived as drawing too close to the Unification Church over the years. Tim LaHaye, Christian author and head of the American Coalition for Traditional Values, came under fire for accepting a gift from Col. Bo Hi Pak. The Col. a former Korean C.I A. officer, who is president of the Washington Times newspaper, and who just so happens to be Moon's right-hand man. Since then, a number of pastors from a broad spectrum of denominations have received free trips from CAUSA, a Unification Church-funded a organization which has pumped millions of dollars into anti -communism efforts in Central and S. America. Some well known names have also been speaking at CAUSA rallies" ​

Catholic.com - False Profit
    "Scandal continued to dog LaHaye when it was revealed that he had connections with the Unification Church ("the Moonies"). The head of the Unification Church is Sun Myung Moon, who has proclaimed himself "the world’s new Messiah" and "the Lord of the Second Advent." LaHaye was the chair of Moon’s Coalition for Religious Freedom, and is reported to have received at least half a million dollars in funding from Moon’s associate Bo Hi Park. LaHaye and his wife have attended and spoken at Moon-sponsored events, though they have made it clear that they do not endorse Moon’s theological ideas." ​

Watchman.org - Moonstruck Unification Church in America

"Also speaking [at Moon conferences] were highly visible religious and Christian leaders such as Robert Schuller, Senior Pastor of the Crystal Cathedral; Ralph Reed, executive director of the Christian Coalition; Beverly LaHaye, president of Concerned Women of America; and singers Pat Boone and Family"​

Evangelical Outpost - Know Your Evangelicals

"For a man who makes his living by focusing on the future, LaHaye has been surprisingly involved in present day politics. He was a founding member of both the Moral Majority and the Council for National Policy, and served as chairman of Sun Myung Moon's now defunct Coalition for Religious Freedom (CRF). His wife Beverly founded the conservative activist group Concerned Women for America."​

15. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From reading Rufus' articles, it seems like Lehaye actually tries to dissociate from Moon and his organizations while the Bushes aren't quite ready to stop speaking at Moon's conferences.

16. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

If this is true, then this group of people cannot be a Christian group. Christians place Jesus to be the highest Lord and follow Him as such.

I am very active in promoting unity of Christians among our various denominations and `fellowships' despite differences in opinions and congregation assembly-time doctrines/practices, but we cannot admit into this unity any group of people who knowingly serve a different ultimate master.

17. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Yes. Once an individual gets caught associating with antichrist and receiving money from antichrist, then it is reasonable for that individual to attempt to disassociate. Particularly when the individual is supposed to be proChrist.

18. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some of the big names who spoke at these conferences did not appear to know that it was Moon who as behind them, at least that is what they tell the media. Their statements are that they thought they were speaking for an organization interested in world peace or women's rights or some other cause. When they found out it was Moon behind them, they tried to get out of their obligation.

Of the names listed in the Watchman article, the Bushes were noted to be most willing to continue speaking at these conferences despite knowing of Moon's involvement. I'm not sure how verifiable the Watchman article is, not knowing what kind of source this is.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good point, however, being deceived by the anti christ??? There must be a scripture on that? :BangHead: :BangHead:

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Rufus

Thanks!!!

Never did like timmy boy. Maybe now, I know why.

Wayne