1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

United Baptist Associations?

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by convicted1, Feb 16, 2007.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I have attended United Baptists (Old Line) about as much as I have the ORB and was wandering about a few of the following associations:

Blaine Union, Iron Hill, and New Hope.

I know that Tri-State Zion, Union Bethlehem, Old Paint Union, and Paint Union all correspond with each other. At various times, Tri-State Zion used to correspond with the above associations. I just want some info- who do each of the three lsited associations correspond with? Thanks!!

2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Convicted1, bethelassoc is probably the best one to reply concerning current correspondence patterns among the United Baptists. You will probably also want to take a look at his web site.

http://unitedbaptists.org/

He and I have both worked on the Wikipedia article on United Baptists. Though it doesn't have correspondence patterns, it makes an attempt to categorize the associations by faith and practice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Baptist

Hope this helps.

3. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Well, here's my last information on the associations:

Blaine Union's minutes of 2000 show that they corresponded with Original Old Paint Union which now doesn't exist and has joined in with Blaine Union.

Iron Hill's 2004 minutes show that they corresponded with Old Paint Union and Old Tri-State Zion. Iron Hill has also corresponded with Union Bethlehem.

New Hope's minutes of 1999 show no correspondence. Bro Jeff Weaver and I talked about New Hope in the ORB thread and he mentions hearing that they may be in talks with Mates Creek and Sand Lick Associations, but it was not verified in the thread that I know. I don't know much else about it.

I need to refresh things with all my correspondence soon to give you a better answer.

David

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: United Baptist Associations

Bethelassoc, according to the 2006 minutes of Tri-State Zion Association, Iron Hill isn't in correspondance with the Tri-State Zion. Is there Tri-State and Old Tri-State Zion? If there is, I was not aware of Old Tri-State. I have went to just about everyone of the Tri-State churches, and I have been felt welcomed in them. Let me know about anything you know.

5. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

My assumption is that there are two Tri-State Zions. For one, I have a minute book of Old Tri-State Zion from 2004 and they only have two churches. And usually when an association uses the term "Old" in front of their name, such as Old Tri-State Zion or Old Paint Union, they are a splinter off the original name.

For example, there's Paint Union, Old Paint Union (#1 and #2: which is confusing) and Original Old Paint Union (dissolved -- now with Blaine Union). Sometimes it's hard to keep up with all of the moves. I again stand by my assumption; I don't have the newest minute book from Tri-State Zion to confirm it, but it makes the most sense.

Someday, I'm going to work on the movements of the associations and churches throughout their splits and branchings off.

David

Plus, I realize that I need to update my list again on the research site -- I thought I did already??? :rolleyes:

#5 Bethelassoc, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007
  6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE:United Baptist Associations

Bethelassoc,

Do you know the names of the two churches that make up Old Tri-State Zion? Like I said earlier, I have been to over half of the Tr-State churches...there are at least three in Ohio, Setting Sun, Green Valley, and Miami Valley. I am just curious about the two churches in Old Tri-State. Thanks!!!

7. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

The two churches are Little Ethel and Favored. Both clerks live in Louisa, KY. The minute says that Little Ethel is on Hwy 1690.

I would like to get a minute of Tri-State Zion to see what their stats are now. My 2002 minute from Union Bethlehem has the association corresponding with them and the other Old Paint Union.

David