1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UNITED!!!! My very first post and its a Question!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jun 24, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

UNITED!!!!

Hello, this is Tali from Orlando, Florida I am 25 years old. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on Oct 17, 2002. Since then Its been a awesome thing, he has changed my life in many ways. I preached for the first time on November 05 and I preached again on May 06. I am still learning and have a long way to go!! But I know God is faithful and he will always see us through. We may not be where we have to be yet!! But we are better then where we used to be for the Glory of Christ .

I need your opinions on a subject: UNITY!!!

I have gone to several churches in the past in which there was true division. I have been to Baptist Churches, Pentecostal Churches, Non-denominational Churches EXT. One thing I look for when I go to a Church is for the WORD of GOD. Way too much Entertainment in today’s Church and not too much WORD.

I have seen Churches get divided by simple things like: Some that have the gift of Tongues, or some that don’t. I even know some people who have stopped going to Church because a member spoke in Tongues.

Now I know that I am a young Christian and have much to learn and that’s why I signed up here because I have seen many articles and this is a great message board full of Men and Women of GOD.

Its just Truly Sad for me to see that!!! Personally when I go to Church I go to look for the LIVING GOD. I don’t go to look to the left or to the right, I GO TO PRAISE AND WORSHIP GOD!!!!! No matter what!!! See I believe that GOD gave us a very important instruction and many are not following it:
    LUKE 12: Verse 31
    31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things[c] shall be added to you.

I believe that it’s very sad the Today’s Generation is divided. Some Pentecostal’s wont talk to some Baptists because some don’t like that fact they speak in Tongues and Some Baptists don’t like some Pentecostals because they are radical. One thing I know and its that we are washed by the same Precious Blood. That’s the BLOOD OF CHRIST!!!! He paid a AWESOME PRICE!!!!! And some are just playing with FIRE by talking about other Brother and Sisters in Christ.

Have you ever not had to arm a bicycle and all of a sudden there is a bolt that is extra once the bike is together? If we would have read the Instructions we would have gotten it right but we did things our way. God’s instruction is to Seek the Kingdom, and we have to Preach this Gospel and Spread the Good News because Jesus is Coming Soon!! But instead of Many working together!! We spend more time talking about Brothers who either speak or don’t speak in Tongues then what we spend Preaching this Gospel.

If we as United Brothers and Sisters in Christ Joined together in Prayer and Worship!!! There is power in UNITY!!!! Why is it that many don’t get this????? Thanks sorry for the long question!!!
    THIS IS MY FIRST POST!!! SO GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!!!

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Welcome!

Forgiving and accepting the brethren is all good!

No question about it!

But the best "path to unity" is Evangelism. An army that does not go to battle does not train. An Army that does not train will eventually fall prey to bickering because it no longer has function or purpose - just lots of weapons.

God "So loved the World that He gave" -- His heart is the heart of an evangelist. If we reject outreach we are rejecting the one who saved us and are eventually "left to our own devices".

The other "major problem" is that after the first century the Christian church was "infused" with many errors - the Protestant Reformation was key to bringing the church out of that muck and mire of the "Dark Ages". But there remains still some of the mud clinging to the shoes of the saints and sometimes that mud is the "source" of differences.

#2 BobRyan, Jun 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here in South Africa some business-giant currently has some advertising being broadcast that goes something like 'unity in diversity'. I've come some distance through life in time and spirit, and may think perhaps my opinion has been formed tried and proven, that the more talk about unity, the less you'll find of it and the more the opinion of some individual or indoctrinised even mesmerised few.

I have only very recently come to a deeper understanding of a certain event in the passion of Christ - during that first of the three nights of His having suffered hell for the sins of us. It was the event of the division and fighting going on between the disciples as they were leaving from the Supper on their way to Gethsemane. It must have been one of the coarsest nails driven through the Saviour's heart, that night of woe. That nail has never been removed from His heart - it is still there this day, casing no less pain to Christ. But it was as necessary for our reconciliation with God as were the nails driven through His hands. Where will the honest at heart go if not to the specific Congregation of their own conviction? Lucky are those who have found such harbour in the turmoil of the worship-sphere of life indeed! My personal experience and convictions have not dealt so favourably with me. I cannot stomach what I am convinced are falsesities or falseness. That's why I won't even enter a 'charasmatic' Church; or the SDA Church; or a 'Sunday'-Church.
    Am I wrong? Do I sin? May God forgive me; but I cannot act against my conscience.

It is difficult; it is painful. I must not give up hope although I havn't got answers. Hereafter I shall be healed, this useless member of Christ's Own Body.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I on the other hand gladly worship and enjoy fellowship with Sunday churches, and charismatics and non-Charismatics.

In Christ,

Bob

5. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Peace!

This new Child of the King came for unity. Let's not get bogged down in doctrinal differences and endless debate! :thumbs: I, for one, celebrate her enthusiasm! :applause:

To South Africa: I hear you. Perhaps we could talk privately, or, if willing, you could start a new thread, voicing your innermost thoughts. I'll ask the self-righteous to give you some space! :wavey: I'll be happy to provide an E-Mail address, as well.

God's Blessings to you both!

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

p.s. What is a "Sunday church" ??

7. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

God Bless Everyone!!!!

I just think that there is much power in Unity!!!

Satan and his demons are in one accord to do one thing :

Destroy and make as many people as they can go to hell

There are so many people today that are being lost because many Christians instead of Preaching this Great Gospel!! Instead of reaching out to those in need!!! We are always fighting each other!!!

There is so much competition in today's church!!! So much Entertainment!!!

If we were in one Accord like Satan and his demons we could reach more souls!!! But sadly all many can do it Critizize every one elses faults!!! If a brother misses Sunday service we are already putting him down!!! If a Pastor buys a new suit!! OHH OHH!!! Where did he get the money to buy it!!!

Dont get me wrong!!! There are some Churches that twist the word of GOD and those Churches I have not part off!!!

But if a brother of sister of yours is on another denomination but they are saved and they believe that JESUS died for their sins!!! If all we can do for them is Critizize the fact that they speak in tongues or that they dont speak in tongues!!!

How dare you ask God to protect and save some family members in your house that are unsaved but You Critizize those that are washed by the same blood you are??? Thats a Question I had to ask my self and thats why I believe that in Unity there is Power!!!

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Welcome to this board, and Praise God for placing you into the Body of Christ Church. I believe when that last person is saved into His One Church, then the rapture. In Him is unity, for there is only One, and we are in Him. We are spiritually united in Him. We are not like the Temple worshippers, nor the Pentecostal worshippers, for that was of and for a Nation, God's Nation of Israel, His people.

Today we are saved "individually", not having been asked to sign a covenant with God, nor to come all as One, but come to that One, accepting the gift.

We in Him are complete, but not in harmony with all other Christians down here. I may be in a "knee" of His Body, and you may be in His "shoulder", so we are going to see things differently from our vantage point. The "knee" will do its thing, and the "shoulder" its.

But we in His Body are to "work out our own salvation" very carefully (Philippians 2:12), studying His Word to make ourselves approved by "rightly dividing" His Word, II Timothy 2:15. We can do this when we learn to stick to the basic systematic study of His Word. Who is talking, and are they talking to you, or some of another time? When did it take place? Where, What, Why? This is How we can understand His Word, and then the hardest part is until we reach the point of division. When we can make the "division", we have found the "more perfect way" (Acts 18:16), and began removing the contradictions. But regardless of our "standing" in Him, we all get there the same way today - "But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
    29. Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
    30. And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

#8 ituttut, Jun 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006