1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unmarried Couples Going Camping

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PrivateWoman, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You can believe what you want, I will believe the Lord.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...and the irony is everyone speaking out against this woman is engaged in gossip, which "appears" to me to be evil. To avoid this "appearance", those speaking out against this woman should ask for forgiveness and cease and desist from engaging further on this thread. If they do not, and the author of the OP does not ask for this thread to be closed, they are actively engaged in open sin.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Truth is not relative, it matters not what I believe. The facts are this thread was started without the woman's permission, without notifying her of it's intent and actively wanting to engage others on this woman's actions. THAT IS GOSSIP. That is sin. I believe the Lord...He says such actions are sin. If you believe the Lord as you say, you must agree or you are lying.

4. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

For shame. Evidently they are willing to tolerate sin in their own lives while they seek it out in others. What's that sort of thinking called? Legalsomethingorother.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Comparing this to counseling a women is apples and oranges. It is wise not to counsel a woman in private. Most likely you are doing so because you don't know how she might "wrongly" interpret something, and also could expose yourself to being falsely accused if doing so. You probably are not doing so because you feel it would be a sin to be in a room with a woman alone.

How do you know for two adult couples to go camping together it wouldn't be edifying? How can you judge? How Do you know they might not just enjoy a couple of days of Christian fellowship? How do you know they might not spend time in bible study and prayer?

I agree that for many people this very well would be unwise, but I don't think it is correct to go the step further that judges and condemns someone for doing so. I have known people in my lifetime that could go camping, remain Christlike while doing so, and it be a blessing to them.

6. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

So many want to define where the line is. The fact is, God has set the line. No matter how many try, they cannot move the line one inch either way.

And because God has set the line, many cross it thinking they have not.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

This all depends on our understanding of Christ like.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes God has set the line, you don't. You have done a hefty job of moving the line to where you want it to be. You are openly engaged in gossip on this thread...are you going to ask forgiveness for this sin and it's "appearance of evil" while not trying to counsel a woman who doesn't even know this thread about her is going on?

9. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Oh I absolutely agree. God set the line for sin at lust. Thus anything short of lust is not sin.

Oh wait, you probably meant the line for "appearance of evil". Problem is, Scripture does NOT draw a line for this. "Appear" is subjective (plus the fact that it more reasonably is read to mean "all forms of evil"). It is fallacious, inconsistent and legalistic to claim that you have the wisdom of God and can infer exactly what "appear" means. Its a totally inconsistent stance (given you are willing to tolerate the appearance of evil by being on the Internet in the first place), not to mention unscriptural stance.

10. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

So basically you have now determined that any couple that goes camping are engaging in sin.

11. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Exodus 20:27 And do not spend time alone in the woods with a member of the opposite sex. 28 And most certainly do not enter into the same tent with such a person. 29 For such is an appearance of evil. Thus saith Fred.

30 And do not eat white bread 31 Nor shall a single man look a young woman in the eye, and he shall most certainly not date her 32 Nor shall any family have in their home a TV 33 Nor shall any person listen to music with a backbeat 34 And no lady shall wear pants, and most certainly shall she not wear shorts of any type 35 Such things have the appearance of evil and lead to sin. Thus saith Gothard.

Ah yes, the law givers of our era.

#111 dwmoeller1, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2010
  12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

and the false teachers as well.

13. Steadfast Fred

Engaged in gossip? No. I answered questions.

14. Steadfast Fred

I wouldn't be guilty of twisting God's Word as you have in your post.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Fred what you see there is a contempt for God's word. God's word is no longer holy to many and open to mockery. It is rampant in the church today. Several years ago I thought about writing a book titled "rebellion in the church". I have not followed though but the title is ever more accurate today.

16. Steadfast Fred

So true. Many do not care how they treat the Word of God and scoff at those of us who hold it dear to our hearts.

To walk in accordance to God's Word is no longer holiness in the eyes of the church today, it is legalism.

17. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

How did I twist Scripture in my post? Think about it for a minute.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, what you and "free" (the irony since he is also enslaved to his law) adhere to as has been shown here USING God's Word is pure unadulterated garbage legalism.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You said it was Exodus...it was actually 1 Opinions 20:27 :D

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is that what the non gossiping gossipers are calling it nowadays... "answering questions"? :laugh: Maybe that is all the campers are going to be doing as well..."answering questions"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.