1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Unregenerate "Christians"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, Nov 3, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No one, and I mean no one, except the Lord and the individual, know for 100% who is saved or who is not. Based on your observation of the "fruit" you might make a good guess. Since we are all sinners and flawed, we do not have clear judgment. Patterns for us to observe require a long period of time and constant watching to understand the particular case. It amazes me on this board we have pastors, leaders of the local church, proclaiming Joel Olsten's or Billy Graham's salvation. There have been entire threads on one person's salvation. Sometimes it is better to just not say anything.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that no one can truly know of another’s salvation.

But still, I don’t think that this passage is something that should be omitted from study. While I don’t think that the passage is telling you how to know one is saved, it is providing insight on genuine Christianity.

(In retrospect, however, I did choose an unfortunate title for the post. The Matthew 7 one was closed but that was the passage I was contemplating).

#22 JonC, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Amen. I may be prejudiced, but Derrick's [Lynch, not Johnson -- that was a brain fluff if ever I've posted one] one of the finest pastors I've ever sat under. This is just an example of his excellent teaching.