1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unusual Witnessing Experiences

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by John of Japan, Aug 20, 2007.

1. steveo

steveo New Member

One of the most memorable times was when our ss director and I felt the same urge to visit a woman that night that was dying of cancer.
    As we got there we asked her if she had ever been born again and she said she went to church for 30 years and never heard that. Our ss director was closest so he asked if she wanted to see scriptures about being saved and she said yes. Well he asked if she wanted to get saved and she said with a tear running down her face yes. While our ss director was praying with her loudly(she was heard of hearing) I was praying and as we ended I looked over at the woman in the bed next to her and she was crying. I thought she must of been excited about what just took place so I asked her if she was a christian and she said no, so I went over and shared the gospel with her and she got saved. We walked out of there on cloud nine. The first woman died about a week later and I preached her funeral. Her daughter said when she visited she never so her so happy. I asked if anybody at the funeral if they wanted to share something about her and a doctor said I do. I was thinking o great, and he said "I had to tell the lady she was dying of cancer and she had a peace and smile I have never seen on a patient. I dont know what these guys said to her but I've never seen this kind of peace in all the years I've been a cancer doctor." This is one witnessing experience I will never forget.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonderful! Praise the Lord! :jesus:

Thanks for sharing, steveo.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just wondering, do you carry around a brief case or something to have these tracts available?

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, when I go out on dendo (evangelism) I carry a shoulder bag (like a small carryon) with hundreds of tracts, including a few Chinese and English tracts. I also have a notebook in it with a chart (Heaven, Hell, the cross and sinners with their burden of sin), pictures of the cross and the tomb, and various verses printed large.

In the old days I could go to a park, and dozens of children would gather around me saying "Gaijin, gaijin!!" ("Foreigner, foreigner!!") Then I could use my chart and verses and preach Jesus to them. However, Japanese families have shrunk, and because of various crimes and incidents and because they like to play indoors with PCs and computer game consoles, very few children go to the parks nowadays. And when they do, someone is likely to call the police if they see a lone man talking to children. Japan has changed much. Very sad. :tear:

5. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In 200o or 2001, I was volunteering at a nursong home I would read the residents the BIble, talk to the about Jesuus, take them to their meals, to the excercise room etc. There was a new resident who was not allowed to attend church. I spoke to her about Jesus eve though They said not to. When I mentioned Jesus' Name, she flinched as if she waas a child near an abusive parent.:tear: She said that Jesus was mean. :tear: I told her that Jesus loved her and died on the Cross so that she could go to heaven. I was told that her family wouldn't let her :BangHead: I told the lady thatit was none of her family's business if she wanted to acceot Jesus as her Savior. THat is was between her and god or Jesus. I don't know if she accpeted Jesus into her heat. I ope that she did. After this she was only allowed in her room. Do I regret talking to her about Jesus? No
    Faithgirl

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, faithgirl46. That's a somewhat strange story, but with an excellent lesson you gave us. We should never, ever regret talking about Jesus! :jesus:

7. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Yes John that was a somewaht strange story. I got the impression that her family hated God and Jesus and berated her about Jesus to the point that she was convinced that He was "Mean" and became afraid of Him. I wonder if the Millstone passage applies here.
    Faithgirl

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it probably does. :tear:

9. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

When I volunteered at the nursing home I had to substitute for the preacher at the spur of the moment. I did a sermon on Ephesins 4:31-32. I tried to tell the residents that we need to forgo bitterness, wrath, anger clamor and evil speaking. If we showed bitternes we were hurting ourselves and our realtionship with Jesus or God.I don't know what all I said since thi happened 7 years ago.
    Faithgirl

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old folks are more open to the Gospel than we sometimes think. Last winter I visited Ueno San's 92 year old father in the hospital with lung problems. He was so open to the Gospel, and trusted Christ as Savior with tears in his eyes right on his hospital bed. God mercifully let him recover, and he and his wife are now in an old folks home. Ueno San says they both tell him they have believed in Christ as Savior. I had witnessed to the Mom before. When Patty and I visit them in the old folks home they are always so glad to see us--even though the Mrs. soon forgets we were even there! :smilewinkgrin:

11. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Here are some,

When I was a young Christian the Lord opened a door for me to preach the Gospel in a youth psychiatiric ward. After the Gospel was preached, and we were praying with the parients, I noticed a young in a visible struggle. I went over to him and asked if he wished to repent and give his life to Jesus. He said yes, but something inside was forbidding him. I asked him some questions about his life and learned that he had mixed the use of drugs with satanism. I told him the resistance was satan and asked if he would like for satan to leave. He said yes, and we went to his room to pray. I laid my hands upon him and prayed and he began to shake and fell to the ground. I continued to pray and sensed the mighty power of God coming upon the boy. He got up (as the nurse walked in) and said something happened to him. The resistance was gone and he had peace. His face and countenance was completely changed and he took the NT we gave like it was the greatest treasure on earth.

When I was with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) we were preaching the Gospel in an area of Atlanta in the open air where there was much mysticism and satanism. We were preforming a drama where I was portraying Jesus. When my part was about to begin I heard clearly in my spirit that a group of young men were planning to attack me when I turned around. I gave this to the Lord and asked for His protection. I finished the drama with no incidenct. Later, my friend came with an excited look on his face. He said he was standing next to a group of satantist boys (they were all dressed in black robes) and heard them say, "When the guy in white (me) turns around, jump him." When I did turn around the boys made for me. When they got to circle of the crowd he witnessed them all suddenly stop in their tracks and look around in great confusion, then all were scattered in different directions. Praise God for His deliverance!

When preaching the Gospel in Venezuela we saw many souls turn to the Lord. On one such occasion the Spirit of God seemed espeically present. After the preaching a young man came and told us that while we were preaching he saw angels flying in the sky.

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord! Good post, ReformedBaptist. :thumbs:

13. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was reminded today of the time we were helping our co-workers move down to pastor in Nagoya. We were really sorry to see them go, but missionaries all pitch in to help at such times.

Anyway, Randy had contracted with a shipper who would put his stuff into a container and ship it down by rail. So the men were there loading the truck while we were carrying the household goods out to them. One of the Japanese movers, a man about 60, suddenly collapsed after carrying something inside the truck. Randy had CPR training, so he immediately began doing CPR on the man while we waited for the ambulance. The ambulance finally arrived, but it was too late. The man was dead. This gave extra impact to the tracts and witness we gave to the movers and a man with us who was unsaved.

14. mima

mima New Member

Last Saturday while witnessing at a monstrous garage sale two people approached me, one was a 16 year girl and the other was her father. The father was doing all the speaking and said, my daughter would like a chance to win the car(we are presently giving way chances to win a car) okay I said, and handed her the paper to put her first name on and a telephone number where she could be reached. After asking her the question she said I have no idea whether or not I will go to heaven. Okay I said, here's what the Bible says," whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" then I ask her do you want to call? Yes she said I do. After I led her in a sinners prayer I ask her to describe her feeling at which time she began to cry and laugh and tell me that her insides were rolling around. Her father after seeing her said to me, I would like to pray with you also. I then witnessed to and led him in a sinners prayer. And now they both were very happy. I would say this man receive the Lord Jesus Christ because of what he saw after his daughter had prayed with me.
    We prayed with seven people for their salvation that morning.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

About 5 years ago I was doing the secondary job that all missionaries do (tour guide) and decided to pass out some tracts while our guests were inside Trinity College to see the Book of Kells.

I had handed out a few, with typical tract response (very poor), when I saw a security guard motioning me over. I walked over and he asked to see what I had. He said, "Do these tell about Jesus?" When I responded, with fear, "Yes." he said Well, keep up the good work!"

I met him yesterday, by chance, at a friends house. It was surprise for us to recognise each other. Turns out that he knew what I was doing, but gets a kick out of watching the response to his "get over here" look.

We had an amazing time of fellowship. He is an Irish believer, saved since 1980 and had a great witness at his job at Trinity!

16. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, mima!

C4K, I loved your story! Reminds me of the time I was going door-to-door in a trailer park in the States and a cop stopped me--scared me, too! But he very apologeticly told me that a really hypocritical JW couple in the trailer park had complained, and I had to get permission from the management since it was private property. Well, praise the Lord, the management gladly gave permission.

17. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a young lady come for the first time Sunday night. She had gotten one of our tracts. She's currently going to a school to learn how to do social work, and wants to work with mentally handicapped people. So she got to thinking, "If I'm to help people be happy as a social worker, I ought to be happy myself!" That was her motive for coming to church!

So I said, "Perfect timing! This evening you will meet the K. family, who are happy Christians with a Downs Syndrome daughter. Watch this family and you'll see true happiness." Their daughter Ai ("Love") is a sweet 30 year old who loves Jesus Christ and knows much more English than you probably know Japanese.

Then I shared with her how such happiness could become hers if she allowed the Lord Jesus Christ to cleanse her heart from sin. She wasn't saved but she is searching. She can't come to church this next Sunday, but will be there the week after that. :type:

18. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

An ex friend's hubby was putting her down in my presence because she had mental problems. I told hm tht God might conssider herthe least of these. I reminded him that Jesus said inasmuch as you have done it to the least iof these you have done it to Me. He doesn't believe that I am smart and I got the impression that he brushed me off.
    Faithgirl

19. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who witnesses much at all for Christ will get the brushoff over and over. Keep on keeping on, Faithgirl!

20. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Thank you John. The man I spoke needs jesus in his heart. I am afraid it will take something drasti to get his attention. I hope it won't be too late for him by that time.
    Faithgirl