1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unwanted tracts

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by generichaze, Dec 19, 2010.

1. generichaze

generichaze New Member

Funny question that I ponder from time to time but still don't know the answer to...

What do you do when someone dumps off a bunch of things for distribution and there are things that you would rather not pass out.

For example someone gives you a box of tracts and you find a bunch of Joyce Myer or a translation that isn't quite right.

I think I still have a pile in my house some where. I just feel awkward throwing away bibles or perfectly good books. What do you do?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If they are bad bibles, burn them.

If they are bad materials, burn them.

If they are useful but not what you would consider useful in your ministry, pass them on.

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I agree with Ann and this is what I do.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

ditto, though I admit I'm more likely to garbage can-it than incinerate.

5. generichaze

generichaze New Member

If I was outside of the city burning would be a fun alternative. :)

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

If it is something that you consider to be untrue/heresy, shredding can be a fine alternative. Otherwise, just throw it in the trash.

7. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

Yeah, burn them all.:jesus:

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I've taken older bibles I no longer use and given them to missions where they can give them to new converts. Of course these bibles were very usable. Any bibles I have had that were beyond use I have thrown away, but I don't really like throwing them in the trash.

9. JTornado1

JTornado1 Member

If you have recycling in your area, you can put the unwanted tracts in the recycling container.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Put them in the circular file :) I do this with everything I get from the JW's and mormon's too. I heard someone say to never receive what they hand out, but I disagree. If they give me a book, that's one less book in circulation.

I do the same with the free Watchtower magazines at grocery stores. If there is a stack of them, I'll take the entire stack. Hey, they are free :)

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

If it is a book, I normally keep it for information purposes. If it is a book I already have, then I ask some of my scholar/pastor friends if they want it. If not, then it goes in the garbage.

12. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

We get lots of stuff like that. I have no problem throwing them away or in my burn pit. God bless. :)