1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Up or down? Ha!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Jul 16, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

MP on that we can agree.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

A pox on both parties. If we had the guts to get rid of the two major parties, and the slime politicians and come with them, we wouldn't have a future democratic or republican president.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

The parties are just a set of values. Over the years the people in the parties have worked to change the values. The bigger change has been in the Democratic party. There has been a much bigger loss of morality there. The Gop has had its share as well. But the parties themsleves are not flawed, only the people in them. I do ot care what "party" is up there, if we do not change the people it doesnt matter what kind of party is there. What we need is term limits on all seats. And quit allowing career politicians. That is how we get the divide between Washington and the people. When the politicians have had to live like the rest of America then they will do things differently.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I would submit that both parties have changed very significantly.

The GOP and the neocon/theocrat alliance is nothing at all like the Conservatism of Barry Goldwater and Dwight Eisenhower. It is much more extreme.

I do think that the Democratic Party has changed the least, at least in the last 70-80 years. It was liberal values that gave us Social Security, eliminating poverty for millions of elderly Americans; Medicare, flawed as it is; and yes, even Eisenhower's support of the Interstate Highway System was somewhat "liberal". Throw in the WPA, TVA, and other programs of FDR, and you can see that the Democrats are still true to their roots. As for morality, neither party has morals. Only individuals do.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe your thinking is flawed. The democrat party has changed dramatically since John Kennedy was president. It is now dominated by radical fringe groups and noisy minorities.

The change in political alignment of what democrats used to call the "solid South" is dramatic proof that democrats moved away from representing the values of an entire section of the country. The values of the people of the "South" did not change. The democrat party did.

That movement has kept democrats out of the Presidency for most of the years since Kennedy.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I would be careful of claiming being true to their roots. Dems go back long before the GOP and their roots included slavery. As far as being liberl FDR was quite liberal but he was not a the root of the Dems. He did push them from a much more conservative to a liberal stance and it has just escalated from there.

The liberalism of the GOP has come significantly since the current administration. But he is not alone as the congress has walked with him.