1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ups and Downs of ministry

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by TaterTot, Jan 1, 2006.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Actually, for those who spend their time "asking for it," try coaching a Pop Warner football team...it's the closest thing I've done to being a pastor (in a secular sense, of course). </font>
    • victories</font>
    • failures</font>
    • individual success</font>
    • when the team finally "gets it"</font>
    • mad players</font>
    • and worse...mad parents</font>
    • hostile territory</font>
    • when they finally stop playing like eleven stars and start playing like one team</font>
    I'm telling you, you can learn a lot from coaching football! [​IMG]

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

usn2pulpit I think you can illustrate alot of parralls with gb's post of haveing to deal with people. Most of us do it everyday rather it be as a boss or just a worker on the line. In dealing with the ups and downs I would say count your blessings you are facing no more trials then the average layperson who loves the Lord. Enjoy your calling and learn to love people. Lead them instead of trying to drive them. Theres were the success will be for a pastor. Preach the word but most of all LIVE IT!