1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Urgent prayer request!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by seekingthetruth, May 21, 2012.

1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

My son goes to a private Christian school. It has maybe 60 students from K to 12th grade.

Today, when my wife picked him up, she was told that a 16 year old student put a shotgun to his head this morning and pulled the trigger.

I have been crying all day. I didnt know this young man, but I do know his story. I have been at the verge of death several times.

My pastor had been mentoring this person, and states that he believes that his mental state was much like mine. People think that being "bi-polar" means that people change every hour or so. That is so not true. Bi-polar is a long term change of moods. I can go for weeks feeling like I can conquer the world, and then I crash, and I feel worthless for several weeks.

Anyway, my pastor had been counseling this kid, and had no idea he had reached this point. But he feels this kid had bi-polar disorder just like me.

Please pray for him and his family. His name is Chris.

Only the people with kids in the school know about it right now. I will post the news story when it hits the papers.

BTW, I have shared my battle with mental illness on here many times. And I have shared my family history with mental illness.

This event is hard on me because the young man (16 years old) took his life this morning with a shotgun to his head.....just like my grandfather did.

Now....FAL, and StupidFred and his robot wife......tell me again how mental illness is not real...

Better yet...tell it to this kid's family!!!!

John

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm praying for this kids' family and friend and for you John. ((HUGS))

3. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Thank you Ann

You know what? For several years now you have been there for me in good times and in bad.

Thank you. I love you and your family so much.

John

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. How devastating for the family, and it must be scary for you to know so intimately what he likely was feeling at the time.

Whether we agree on a topic or not, gotta put that stuff away and pray for each other when there's a need like this. :flower: