1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

urgent prayers needed...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Agnus_Dei, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

i know this isn't the place to post such a request and i know we don't see eye to eye or agree with my faith as an Orthodox Christian, but its this forum where people know of me...

...sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it. (Gen. 4:7)

the devil has been attacking my marriage for well over a year now and i'm struggling to find the strength to continue battling his unceasing and relentless attacks, but when only one person is fighting for it...that makes his job a lot easier...

thank you BB friends
    in XC
    -

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Agnus,

Be assured, I will certainly pray with you concerning this situation. I have experienced marital problems in the past, and I can very much "feel your pain", as they say. Our differences regarding theology do not in any way restrict from praying for someone in need.

AiC

#2 Alive in Christ, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  3. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

Prayed for you. Be strong and loving.

4. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are in my prayers before the Lord. :praying:

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In my prayers --- God's best to you my friend.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My prayers go with you - may God send you help from the Sanctuary - may He answer you in the very day you call.

in Christ,

Bob

7. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

You are in my prayers.

8. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

You and the situation in your marriage will be before the Lord. God bless you!

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Did you know that there is a prayer forum? :wavey:
    http://baptistboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've prayed today for God to restore all facets of your marriage and to keep the devil at bay for you and your wife.

11. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will be praying!

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

I will pray and also offer what I believe to be sound advice. Stay true to your commitments before God and man regardless. :thumbsup:

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

My grandfather was a street preacher in Wichita. He loved God with his whole heart. My grandmother chose a different path until long after my grandfather had passed away. My grandmother desired a divorce, but according to Scripture my grandfather felt he could not grant her one. He granted her a separation giving my grandmother the house and basically all his earthly possessions, but would not and did not grant her a divorce. He kept his vows before God and man till his last breath. I can assure you that my praying grandfather died with the victory although leaving this world almost as empty as he came in. Obedience and commitment to his faith made him short on earthly goods while upon this earth, but was rich in faith and ushered into to an eternal blessed hope with no doubt as to his actions being pleasing to the Lord. He was a man in love with God and His Word and given to much prayer and service.

14. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Although I have never met you, Agnus, you seem like an old friend so of course I will be praying for you and your marriage. I understand something of what you are experiencing because the devil has been attacking my daughter's marriage lately as well. A couple of practical suggestions: (1) Pray together each day. Use liturgical prayers if you want to but both of you should participate together. (2) Get into joint counseling, preferably with a Christian counselor who really believes Jesus meant what He said in Mark 10:9.

15. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Prayers ascending!

16. Fignar

Fignar New Member

Will pray for you. :)