1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

US church defiant despite condemnation of Koran burning

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I remember my neighbor running out of her house screaming that "we all were going to die and they are attacking us, they are attacking us."I think she was afraid. I wasn't, I was more amazed that America was attacked.

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

A few? Muslims were celebrating around the world on 9/11, dancing in the streets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-9JpRytCx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELDyJftLR0g

It is not a few Muslims who hate us, it is MILLIONS.

4. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, it is not a few Muslims, it is many millions. Europe is having terrific problems with Muslims today.

Here is a very recent video of Muslims illegally blocking city streets in Paris to pray. Watch the whole video and see if it is just a few.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNnYYKc_7Jw&feature=player_embedded

You folks that think this is all about freedom of religion are naive. The Muslims fully plan to take over the world.

7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

That doesn't make any sense. I think you're just looking for stuff to validate your preconceived opinions.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since there are around 1 BILLION Muslims even 10 MILLION would only be 1% of the total.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, and if only 10% of the Muslims hate us that would be 100 million. Nothing to worry about, right?

Don't get me wrong, I do not hate Muslims or anybody else, Jesus said we should love our enemies and bless them.

The problem with the Muslims is that they do not believe in religious freedom. If enough of them are established here, they will soon take away your right to worship as you choose. They are already causing huge problems in Europe, and will do so here if people do not stand up to it.

It is nice to be loving, kind, tolerant. But it is altogether different to be foolish. You wouldn't invite a known child molestor to live in your home if you have small children. Muslims have shown themselves not to assimilate into the culture but have repeatedly shown they want to dominate culture and force everyone to believe as they do.

[​IMG]

These guys are not kidding around, they mean exactly what they are saying here. Why don't you take them at their word? You are telling yourself and everybody else they mean no harm while they are shouting in your face they want to dominate you.

And furthermore, it is meaningless to say only a small minority are fanatics like this. The Nazis were a small minority, but they took over Germany and forced their beliefs on millions of people. The communists were a small minority in Russia in 1917 but imposed communism on many millions of people. Iran today is ruled by a small minority of Islamic Fundalmentalists. It doesn't take large numbers to take over a country and impose totalitarinism on them.

#89 Winman, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I refuse, as a follower of the King of Kings, to condemn an entire group of people on the basis of the actions of a minority percentage of the group.

#90 KenH, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Taking over the world is their goal. It's in the Koran.

12. FR7 Baptist

Not buying it. Any evidence?

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

How about the Koran?

Muslims are commanded to kill infidels wherever they find them. That would be the whole world.

Muslims are commanded to fight until there is only one religion, Islam.

Anyone who does not accept Islam is an unbeliever or infidel. Muslims are commanded to strike off our heads and every fingertip.

#93 Winman, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  14. FR7 Baptist

How has moderate Muslim scholarship dealt with these passages?

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

I'm not worried about the moderate Muslims, I'm worried about the fanatical ones that fly planes into buildings killing thousands of innocent civilians.

It is the fanatical ones that will force you to follow their religion. And it is already happening in this country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47-NG80CWYo

Actually, these are fairly ordinary Muslims, yet they are forcing their religion on Americans right now.

16. FR7 Baptist

I've never had Islam forced on me. Have you?

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul - what are we as Christians commanded to do? Go out to all nations, right?

What do you think islam preaches? "Stay at home"?

18. shodan

shodan Member
    Site Supporter

Not picking on this comment...just the first one of others like it.

Christians ought to know that freedom does not make it right in God's eyes. And exercising such freedom to insult others will most likely lead to the loss of innocent life, including Christians in places like Pakistan who already suffer greatly.

"Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us....

"Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. Show proper respect to everyone..."
    --1 Peter

Some Muslims burn our flag [some fly it]...how do we feel about THAT? Insulted? Mad? etc.

The Bible is very clear. Do not repay evil for evil. Do what you would have others do to you NOT WHAT they do to you.

Let's think like Christians, as 'aliens and strangers in the world'

19. FR7 Baptist

I have no affection for Islam. What I'm not going to do is let extreme right wingers destroy religious freedom. While I'm sure Muslims want to spread their false religion, I see no likelihood of radical Muslims "taking over" the United States.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, and amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.