1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'US fearing exposure of Iraq war truth'

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 19, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously.

So you post nonsense, again based on your cockamammie ideas and conspiracy theories. Figures.

I say again. If you hate our government, that we the American people put in place, and dislike living here because of it...leave.

But I doubt that you will find any other place to your liking either. You're all about complaining about imaginary conspiracies and how stupid everyone but you is not to recognize them.

You are truly a voice crying in the wilderness, but that's where you and your attitude belong.

And I'm not caught up in anything. :thumbs:

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We the people put in place? And you accuse me of posting nonsense? :laugh:

That's rich. When did you vote for a central banker? When did you vote for a global corporation?

We don't elect the people who run this country we (you rather) merely "elect" their minnions to office.

Look Carpro we can both live here kinda happily together. I'll expose people to important issues on my side of the street and you can ignore them and flame and insult people on your side of the street.

I feel it's a good compromise. We'll both be doing what we do best so both of us should be very happy. :smilewinkgrin:

For those who are interested there will be more updates on the "Wikileaks" story to follow. Surely someone must be interested in important issues Carpro as this thread as of right now has 454 views to your 103. And your's has been up longer. Just sayin.

Stay tuned folks! Maybe Carpro will tell us the difference between a patriot and a nationalist in his next flaming post! :thumbsup:

#42 poncho, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2010
  3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Yes, but Russia continues to occupy Chechnya, has since the 19th century.

Russia occupied Muslim Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and others for at least the 20th century. But again there was no fatwah issued for the killing of Russians. Their conquests in the region are ignored while much hay is made of "US meddling". A little perspective and less dogmatism would be helpful.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

The US has had a central bank since 1791. :eek:

The Dutch East India Company was probably the first global corporation, founded in 1600. Is there something inherently sinister about global corporations?

It does have entertainment value :D

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a conspiracy and definitely sinister.:thumbs:

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you don't vote. Figures.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually NS, the US had a central bank even before that. It was called the Bank of North America and lasted from 1781 to 1785. An arms dealer named Robert Morris founded it. He employed European (British) style fractional reserve banking. The result? The value of American's money took a huge nose dive and the bank's charter was not renewed.

Thomas Jefferson speaking on the First Bank of the United States 1791-1811, the one you refer too said in response to it's European (British) style fractional reserve banking methods and the rapidly multiplying national debt that had little to no chance of ever being paid back said . . .

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our Constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing." T.J.

The American revolution itself was in large part a response to England's Currency Act of 1764 which made it illegal for the colonies to print their own money.

Ben Franklin described what happened next . . .

"In one year, the conditions were so reversed that the era of prosperity ended, and a depression set in, to such an extent that the streets of the Colonies were filled with unemployed."

He also made this statement . . .

"The colonies would gladly have borne the little tax on tea and other matters had it not been that England took away from the colonies their money, which created unemployment and dissatisfaction. The inability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and the international bankers was the PRIME reason for the Revolutionary War." (In other words the American colonists revolted against, GASP . . . a dubious and sinister CONSPIRACY to control and steal their wealth!)

Fractional reserve banking is now and always has been a scam. But I suppose one would have to understand fractional reserve banking and how it came to be to fully comprehend that.

Napolean speaking on fractional reserve central banking said . . .

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes... Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain." N.B.

Napoleon, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson would today laugh at Carpro till their sides split for believing "our government" actually runs this country. So would Mayer Amschel Rothschild who said in 1790 . . .

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws."

James Madison said . . .

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." J.M.

Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and, Napolean Bonaparte all knew the evils of fractional reserve banking way back when. They didn't think of it as a "conspiracy theory" because they knew it was a conspiracy fact!

Aside from the fact that a corporation is merely a legal fiction put in place to protect individuals from being held accountable for their actions? Yeah but that's another thread altoghter. On "globalization". This thread is about "Wikileaks".

But I will say this about the VOC since you brought up such a shining example of a global corporation The Dutch East India Company, it got itself way over it's head in debt and the government tried, in vain to "bail it out" with taxpayer money no doubt.

Sounds kinda familiar doesn't it?

Above is a good description of how multinationals have always worked and still work up to this day. Only one thing has changed in all this time, today we send our own children to fight their monopoly wars all over the globe and we foot the bill. Sounds sinister to me.

Always a pleasure to entertain someone such as yourself NS. At least you are cordial and use reason when you reply to my threads. Hope you learned a little sumthin sumthin today too. :thumbsup:

Readers of this thread might find this link helpful in learning more about the history of fractional reserve banking and what it has done and continues to do to this country and others.

THE HISTORY OF MONEY

#47 poncho, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

22 Statistics That Prove

The Elite Are Becoming Fabulously Wealthy While The Middle Class Is Being Ripped To Shreds.

In the United States today, the only group that is "doing better" each year financially is the folks at the very top of the income pyramid.

Everyone else has seen their incomes decline. Once upon a time, America had a relatively egalitarian system where just about anyone could "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" if they just worked hard enough.

But today, there are millions of Americans that can't seem to get jobs no matter how hard they try. Millions of others feel their tenuous hold on the American Dream slipping out of their grasp just a little bit more each month. The truth is that we don't have true capitalism in the United States anymore. Over the past several decades, the financial system in the U.S. has been carefully molded and shaped in such a way that all the wealth is funneled to the elite at the very top and to the monolithic predator corporations that now dominate the global economy.

Power has become concentrated in the hands of very few individuals, and they are nearly impossible to compete against. If you doubt this, go set up a general store right next to your local Wal-Mart and see how long you can survive. In America today, the elite are becoming fabulously wealthy and the middle class is being ripped to shreds. One of the things that our Founding Fathers were extremely concerned about was not allowing too much power to be accumulated in the hands of any one person or institution, but today we have turned our backs on that principle and now we are paying the price.

Entire Article

Monopolies then and now. Nothing much has changed since 1600. Well, the common folk are alot less informed today than they were in those days. The corporate monopoly (only six corporations control the all the mainstream information) mass media made sure of that.

"The truth is that we don't have true capitalism in the United States anymore. Over the past several decades, the financial system in the U.S. has been carefully molded and shaped in such a way that all the wealth is funneled to the elite at the very top and to the monolithic predator corporations that now dominate the global economy."

So NS, this is what I have against global corporations and why I think they are "inherently sinister".

From 1600 to the present global corporations have always sought the same thing. Money, power and control at the people's expense to me that's "inherently sinister". What have ya got to say to that?

#48 poncho, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You know better than that Carpro. I just don't vote for the global corporate elite's minnions like you do. :smilewinkgrin:

#49 poncho, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2010
  10. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's funny that conspiratorialism becomes OK and in fact all the rage, when it's about one political wing only.
    I think it's clear that there are things (influences, forces, etc) in the world bigger than the two US parties, and that if our money and power seems to be dissapearing, that would likely be a better place to look for it (than only certain "interests" in this country), and that both parties are simply playing along in the game.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IYO :rolleyes:

12. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

It's even funnier when you drill down most of the CT's and find there's nothing there.

Halloween's over. You can quit all the spooky stuff now.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah that's cute but you know what's really funny? Someone making a statement like that after he brings up a subject and quits "drilling" before he even hits a couple rocks. Or a little history in this case. :smilewinkgrin:

Central banks and global corporations still operate much the same way as the Dutch East Company and the bankers did way back when. Greed never goes out of season it only gains more power, monopolizes the media and wields bigger guns.

C'mon, keep on drilling, Thanksgiving is coming!

#53 poncho, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

There is a thread of hope.

From Scott Rasmussen: "This reflects a fundamental rejection of both political parties.

More precisely, it is a rejection of a bipartisan political elite that's lost touch with the people they are supposed to serve. Based on our polling, 51% now see Democrats as the party of big government and nearly as many see Republicans as the party of big business. That leaves no party left to represent the American people." - http://online.wsj.com/article_email...86063725870380-lMyQjAxMTAwMDAwMTEwNDEyWj.html

To Mr. Rasmussen's last statement I suggest www.lp.org. :)

15. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

I didn't bring up Central Banks or global corporations, that would be you back at post #42. I just pointed out that those things have been around a long long time. It is not as if evil Bushco or the Bilderbergers forced them on an unwilling citizenry.

No drilling required.

16. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah, while global conspiracy has certainly been overdone at times; you believe that there are absolutely no global factors in the problems we face today?

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like global warming?

HankD

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So I should put my faith in them because they've been around a "long long time"? What kind of argument is that?

And why try to turn this into a "conspiracy" or "leftie vs rightie" thing? The facts are clear in this case, oh wait I just realized I answered my own question.

And you brought up the Dutch East company. Which led to it's history and comparison to modern global corporations.

Arguments? Questions?

When you say "no drilling required", that's code for I don't have an argument that would refute Poncho's information so I decided subterfuge was the most honorable way out this discussion". Right?

#58 poncho, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
  19. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

The immediate subject was global politics/economics; not global warming.

20. targus

targus New Member

You think that global warming is just politics and a money grab?