1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

US high court rejects appeal from 'birther' leader

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO it includes anyone who is a party of the law suit and also of those who refuse to see it is a ridiculous idea. If that includes you, then it includes you. :laugh:

Do you doubt Obama's US citizenship?

2. targus

targus New Member

Why don't you answer my questions - which I have repeatedly asked?

Why do you think that Obama is not releasing his birth certificate?

If you believe that he has - why are the Governor and the State Attorney General of Hawaii working to get it released?

3. targus

targus New Member

"On last night's edition of his show, Matthews stated: "I am not a birther. I am an enemy of the birthers."

But he continued with the questions, "Why doesn't the president just say, 'Send me a copy right now?' Why doesn't Gibbs and Axelrod say, 'Let's just get this crappy story dead?' Why not do it? ... If it exists, why not put it out?"

Matthews was joined by Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune and David Corn of Mother Jones, who both agreed with the call for Obama to publicly release the document, which to this point has remained under wraps.

Newly elected Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie has recently said he'd like more information to be made public to demonstrate that Obama was born in the Aloha State, despite polls showing a large percentage of Americans having their doubts."

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=244765

It is more than just "birthers" that want to know why Obama isn't releasing his birth certificate.

What's the big secret?

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know why people insist on continuing to be stupid on this issue.

Do you doubt that Obama is a US citizen?

#24 Crabtownboy, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  5. targus

targus New Member

Do you mean people like Chris Matthews, the Governor and the State Attorney General of Hawaii?

I don't know if Obama is a natural born citizen of the U.S. or not - the evidence of it is contradictory.

Why do you suppose that he won't release the proof that would settle the matter?

6. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

The Certificate Number is likely blacked out because it would put the issuance of the Certifcate in the numerical order of much more recent Birth certificates. Not those put out in 1961.

My original Birth certificate is on file in the archives of the State of Virginia Department of Vital Statistics.

It is handwritten, has a doctors original signature, and the registrars signature. It was filed September 29, 1952 and has a Serialized Sequence Number indicating my "Birth Number".

Now, you're telling me that Hawaii, 9 years later, had no formalized procedure in place and placed so little emphasis on Birth Records that all we have is a post dated certificate based on a non-formalized, non-registered, non-serialized hand written certificate which date can not be proven as factual?

ANYONE, knowing enough specifics about my birth can pay a fee and get a copy of my Certified Birth certificate from The State of Virginia Department of Vital Statistics.

What they will get is a certified photostatic copy of my ORIGINAL REGISTERED Birth Certificate on Security Paper.

I remain incredulous that something as basic and simple as an original certified birth certificate is so hard to "proof".

As for the citizenship of the mother... There is some doubt that at the time of the birth she had actually become a US Citizen.

But, it is not the parents citizenship that is in question.

HE must be a Natural Born Citizen...

Maybe Biden isn't a good choice...

But, with this much deceit, if proven to be true, could his administration survive? I doubt it.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His mother was born in Kansas. Last time I looked Kansas was a state, thus she was a natural born citizen.

8. targus

targus New Member

My understanding is that for a child born outside of the United States it is necessary for both parents to be U.S. citizens in order for that child to be a natural citizen of the U.S.

Since Obama's father was not a U.S. citizen the geographic place of Obama's birth is important.

If Obama was not born in Hawaii - but instead was born in Kenya - then he would not be a natural born citizen of the U.S.

Why do you think that Obama is refusing to release the birth certificate?

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I do not!!

I just want to know what and/or why he is hiding?
    Or is this just a way to keep non-pro Obamaits off the real issue of his administration?

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one can "prove" anything to anyone who is not willing to be convinced by looking at evidence or following a line or reasoning. One of the first things a first-year philosophy student learns is that the only thing you can absolutely prove is doubt. Everything else (including the idea that other people exists) requires something of a leap of faith in conjunction with evidence.

Like those who don't believe we went to the moon (even though we have an enormous amount of physical evidence and testimony), the "birthers" have argued this idea so passionately and are so wedded to this idea that there's no easy way to back down without losing face.

This won't convince those who have decided to delude themselves, but it may be helpful as a roadmap for those who actually have a open mind and can still process information regarding this subject:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2009/jul/01/obamas-birth-certificate-final-chapter-time-we-mea/

Full disclosure: I did not vote for Obama for President. I am very dissatisfied with his presidency. I would have been pleased for him to have been ineligible for office because of his birth. I do not want him to be re-elected.

11. targus

targus New Member

If the proof is sufficient - why is the Governor and the State Attorney General seeking the release of the birth certificate?

Why are they unable to get it released?

12. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because they are foolish enough to believe that the real issue with the "birthers" is a lack of information, rather than a delusion.

It's already released, although the "birthers" won't accept it. They may be able to get some other documents released (if they exist), but there are laws that even government officials have to abide by.

FWIW, to take the birthers argument seriously, you would have to believe that someone conspired to get a birth announcement for Obama printed in the Honolulu paper within days of his birth in anticipation of this debate more than 45 years later.

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who knows what his motive is? But the courts all the way to the Supreme Court has rejected the lawsuit ... not only rejected it but imposed a fine because a lower court judged it a frivolous lawsuit ... it is rather stupid to pursue this further.

It has been released. But you and birthers and Obama haters will never change their mind. It is beyond ignorance now it is now stupidity.

Now, answer my question, do you believe Obama is a US natural born citizen.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is your belief. Back it up. What was the law in 1961?

15. targus

targus New Member

If it has already been released why is the Governor of Hawaii instructing the State Attorney General to get it released?

And why is Chris Matthews calling for it to be released?

Because it has not been released.

16. targus

targus New Member

The law does not change concerning the definition of a natural citizen.

If you believe that it has changed then it is your job to show it.

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you brought up the idea of both parents. You said it is your belief. So, prove your belief. I do not believe as you do. So prove what you say or stop the nonsense. Anyway, I know you are too lazy to do the research and not honest enough to admit you are wrong after doing the research. So .........

Note the ruling says the status of the parents, whether they are citizens or aliens plays no part in whether the child is a natural born citizen or not. So you could not miss it I put that part in bold print. Obama was born in Hawaii as his birth certificate that I showed above shows .... so he is a natural born citizen.

Your own post proves you wrong:

Obama's mother meets the requirement. But this really has no bearing as Obama was born in the US ... Hawaii. So, according to the information you posted even if Obama had been born in Kenya or Nigeria, or anywhere he still would have been considered by the courts as a natural born citizen.

I do appreciate you proving yourself wrong.

Do you really believe the Supreme Court would have rejected this lawsuit if what you said is true. By the way I know it is not true!

Are you man enough to admit you are wrong?

#37 Crabtownboy, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  18. targus

targus New Member

"Natural-born citizens are also those born outside the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the birth of the child.

Hence, a child born abroad to two US citizen parents is a natural-born citizen: Provided, That at least one citizen parent had previously resided in the United States or one of its outlying possessions. U.S. Code: Title 8, 1401.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/17485112/The-Conclusive-Definition-of-Natural-Born-Citizen

19. targus

targus New Member

Extra credit homework done for Crabby: link to the relevant code.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/8/1401.html

Edited for a bit of personal trivia - my youngest son is graduating from Cornell with a Masters in May 2011.

20. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course they are citizens. But your post does not address the question of when one parent is a citizen and the other is not. So I will help you ... it doesn't matter.

I put the important part in bold.

Are you man enough to admit your were wrong in your belief.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.