1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

US soldiers moving to Australia

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by joey, Nov 17, 2011.

1. joey

joey Member

Thanks for the explanation. I am not familiar with the USA's defence forces since I am an Aussie.

I see that you're in Afghanistan. I hope all the US soldiers keeping safe and well especially since I bet it's getting cold. My husband may have been sent to Afghanistan last year but his medical grading wasn't quite up to scratch (recovering from knee surgery a few months earlier).

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I worked with a couple of Aussies in Afghanistan; good guys. Also had a Canadian on my team, excellent officer. Had a South Korean in our office as well; couldn't speak english very well, but did some great work.

3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Does the Navy have a National Guard? (That sentence makes it sound like there is). I never heard of one, and hence assumed the Coast Guard must fill that slot. All of the Guards seem to be more localized versions of the corresponding Forces.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, there is not a "National Guard" Navy. However, there is a Navy Reserve - which is only under Federal Control

And I mentioned before there are about 4 states with a State Navy - only under State control - not Federal.