1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

US troops kidnap six-year-old girl

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

mmm ...

It calls the 'kidnappers' as American soldiers . . . and they just opened fire.

This is not an example of American ROE's . . . So, if it transpired that way the story sounds like terrorists kidnapped the girl in order to maker her father into a bomber.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I have to agree with El Guero on this one; I cannot imagine US troops making war on chlidren in order to get to their parents.

Looks like an attempt by terrorists to make us look evil.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Yes. That is why I opened my post with "if true". Something seems fishy. Also, I love Newsvine, but it is kind of the Wikipedia of news.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I disagree . . .

You chose to title your thread "US troops kidnap six-year-old girl"

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Until I read the link and saw that the 'news' came from an anti-American pro terrorist muslim news site, I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

And my stomach turned . . .

I tho't

. . . surely . . . surely . . . we are not facing another Mei Lei . . . are we . . . ?

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not "harsh measures", things like this are done all the time in war. It is a common "tactic" to hold family members (etc) of someone who we really want to "talk to" (if you get my drift). I am sure that "IF" our troops have this girl in custody that she is being treated just fine (or, as you said, "like a queen"). She is not a hostage and she has not been kidnapped. In fact I dare say she is eating better than she ever has before. If the story is true we are holding this girl as a way to get her father to come in and it will probably work.

However there are several source problems with this story. Read the following and see if you notice some red flags...

"The correspondent for Mafkarat al-Islam reported the girls uncle as saying that US troops abducted the girl in order to pressure her father into giving himself up, after they had failed to capture or kill him.
    The uncle told Mafkarat al-Islam that Maryam’s mother had a heart attack and was rushed to the al-Fallujah General Hospital in an ambulance after people brought her daughter’s school bag and one of her daughter’s sandals following the kidnapping."

First who is "Makfarat al-Islam"? Are they anti-American? If so then we can disregard this story totally.

Second the girl's "uncle" is the source. Is he reliable? Maybe he is, maybe he is not, but it is a question we must ask. Could this be a setup to try to make America look "bad"?

Third assuming the uncle is reliable does he have all the information?

Fourth has it been verified that (a) the mother had a heart attack and (b) that the heart attack is related to this event?

The whole thing sounds rather "fishy". I would be interested to know if the girl has really been taken at all. I would also be interested to know if this uncle has connections to a terrorist/antiAmerican group. Could this group have kidnapped the girl and now one of their members, the child's uncle, is blaming the United States?

There are a lot of questions and issues that must be dealt with here. Anyone, liberal or conservative, who jumps on this is irresponsible. Keep in mind that people in the Middle East rarely critically question news stories. They believe all sorts of wild rumors. So this story will be believed in Iraq even if it is totally false.

#7 Martin, Feb 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2007
  8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

That was the header of the article. I just copied and pasted it. And I knew it would grab attention. Now maybe we can all do some digging to prove or disprove its veracity.

9. leenies

leenies New Member

Either way, we need to pray for the little girl! :praying: :praying:

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You knowingly post imflammatory trash . . . and want someone to prove or disprove your veracity for you?

:wavey:

11. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uhmmmm.......24 ? Shades of Jack Bauer ? :rolleyes:

#11 pinoybaptist, Feb 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007