1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'US would defend Israel against Iran'

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

JPost

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

These globalist speeches are getting easier to decipher. What Bush is saying is that if Israel were to pull off a big enough terror attack on itself and blame Iran. It's on!

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:rolleyes:
    How do you sleep at night...

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Horizontal, why is there some other way? :D

Usually I read some Commentarii de Bello Gallico before going to bed. Which reminds me it's about that time. ;)

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Interesting. On that note... [​IMG]

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Horizontal, why is there some other way? :D

Usually I read some Commentarii de Bello Gallico before going to bed. Which reminds me it's about that time. ;)
    </font>[/QUOTE]Why, now, if you still sleep horizontally at night you must be young.
    Me, I can't sleep horizontally. I can force myself to, but I sleep better on a reclining chair, feet propped up, chair reclined halfway back, tv on, muted. [​IMG]

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, why does the US always have to side with Israel ?

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Probably because of technology sales from Israel to the U.S, or the fact that more Jewish people live in the U.S than in Israel and likely influence the government to do so, as well as the various Christian groups that are in favour of Israel being protected.

Either way, it is a good thing to see that Israel still has some allies.

For the record, Australia always sides with Israel, and likely for the above reasons as well!

9. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Another reason is that Israel has been to only pro democratic capitalist nation in the Middle East since the late 1940s. I am not attempting to argue that their system of government is perfect or that they have not ever overstepped the democratic line when attempting to confront terrorism etc. When Israel does this and violates the principles of basic human rights we should critque them and talk with them about making things right.

10. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Israel is a strong ally of the USA. Or perhaps your question is asking why is Israel our ally over Iran?

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

:confused: that makes no sense whatsoever. So is it yoru contention that if Iran attacks Isreal, that the US should not get involved?

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Iranians didn't act quick enough to fill so many seats in the United States congress and have a huge Washington lobby. Besides if we're going to give Israel 5 billion dollars a year in aid we should protect our investment. Doncha think?

JohnV, with all respect. The Israeli government as well as the U.S government have a history of using problem reaction solution to move their agendas forward. That in mind it's easy to dechiper their speeches and recognize their propaganda.

Israel is well able to defend itself without our help. The Israelis know that and so do the Iranians. Americans are the ones that have been sold on the "poor little defensless Israel" propaganda not Israel and Iran.

[ February 03, 2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That doesn't answer my question. If Iran attacks Israel, is it your contention that we should not get involved?

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Okay, in a word no. Like I said above John, Israel is well able to defend herself against Iran. Iran knows that. Israel knows that. Americans seem to be the only ones that don't know that.

You know as well as I do that America isn't going to just settle for helping to defend Israel. We'll take the lead and pay the price in both blood and treasure. Even though Israel is well able to defend herself on her own.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Okay, so if Israel proves that it is unable to defend itself, then should we? Or do you think we should let Israel, or any ally, succumb to invasion?

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

John, this question doesn't make sense to me. Israel is well able to defend itself against Iran. If attacked they have the arsenal to turn Iran into a smoldering hole in a matter of minutes if need be. How could we top that?

Are you asking me if I'm an isolationist? The answer to that would be no. I have no problem with helping an ally in time of need. But if that ally wants us to wage their wars for them, then my answer would be a big n-o.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Iran was to nuke Israel, say 15-20 years from now if Iran is actually trying to develop deliverable nuclear weapons) it would only be a matter of minutes before Iran would be glowing in the dark from a massive nuclear counterstrike by Israel. Israel wouldn't need our help.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Exactly Ken. I read a report a long time ago (20 years?)that Israeli sattelites can pick up the heat signature of a missle being warmed up on the pad. It isn't like anyone is going to blind side them with a surprise attack.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then why was Israel unable to fend off Iraqi missiles headed their way in the Gulf War? It was our patriot missiles that kept knocking them down.

But, the point is well made, that Iran is not simply going to pop up with a nuclear weapon tomorrow. They take years, even decades, to develop.

The chances of the current government in Iran being long gone by then is extremely likely.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a proporter of the "defend Israel at all cost" mentality (waayy too many of those folks on the board). But it's reasonable to offer defense to any ally where it is warranted, within reason.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We ask them to stand down if you remember John. Because we were so afraid of the conflict being escalated into a conflagration.