1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Use of Baptistry

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by pocadots1990, Jan 14, 2008.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aww. Go for it!:laugh:

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't encourage her! She'll never stop!!

3. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

It may be that some on this list do not agree with women serving as pastors. But why would you limit access to your baptistry if the church wishing to use it did not agree? Isn't that pushing your point a bit too far?

For the record, the church I served as pastor frequently hosted immersion baptisms for a Mennonite congregation and for a nearby United Methodist church whose pastor was female. However, the first time around she felt so uncertain about how to do immersion that she asked me to do them for her. So have I erred in immersing people who professed faith in Christ but who chose the "wrong" set of doctrines?!

4. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Don't listen to abcgrad. :thumbs:

Just keep exercising James 1:19 ... "swift to hear, slow to speak." :laugh:

5. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

To allow a female pastor to baptize in your church is to compromise your belief with a church who is blatently going against scripture.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You just don't want me giving her any ideas. I think it's too late donchano ;)

:laugh:

7. AAA

AAA New Member

Let's rephrase the question:

Should we let anyone that would like to obey the LORD's command to be baptizing people that profess to believe use our baptistry?

I can understand the reason why we would NOT let the Mormans and other cults use our baptistry...

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes..............

2Jo 1:10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:

How much plainer would you need it to be said??

BBob,

#28 Brother Bob, Jan 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2008
  9. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

10. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never mind the cults, there are many Protestants I wouldn't let use my baptistry. We are taught by Christ to beware of false teachers and prophets, and there are plenty of them among Protestants.

Here in Japan, I have it on good authority that 40-60% of the Kyodan denomination pastors do not believe in the deity of Christ. (This developed from the government approved churches during WW2.) You can't deny the deity of Christ and be Christian. No way would I enable their ministry.

Again, much of Charismatic doctrine is based on "latter rain" theology, so pernicious it was rejected by the Assemblies of God in 1949. No way would I enable a "latter rain" preacher's heresies by allowing him to use the baptistry in a church I pastored.