1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Use of paraments in worship

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by td, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lit an advent candle each week of Advent. Did a liturgical reading and time of quiet.

On the last Sunday, lighting 4 candles + the manger candle, one of the parents had to "hush" their little 4 year old who started to sing "Happy Birthday to you". :eek:

In a church that is not only NON-liturgical, but actually ANTI-liturgical, the candles were a nice touch.

2. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Something I never understood. Why do some churches seem to go to the extreme of being anti...

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have very positive experiences with the use of the Church Calendar with my EC-B brethren. To me:</font>
    • what better day to preach on the Blood Atonement than on Good Friday.</font>
    • what better day to preach on the Second Comming or the Great Commission than on Ascencion Day.</font>
    • what better day to preach on the Holy Spirit than on Pentecost (Whitsunday).</font>
    Though I don't quite understand the significance of Easter Monday.