Username

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by Mark Fesco, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco
    Expand Collapse

Can I change my Username/display name? It's my first name and then I decided, well that's pretty boring and I don't really want that.

I'd like it changed to: Iustitia Imputata ?:thumbsup:

Can it be changed or do I need to re-register?

2. Mishelly

Mishelly
    Expand Collapse

Try going to edit your profile - although I wonder why the name you chose, I did google it:smilewinkgrin:

3. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

Mark........

Hush!!!

At least you got your name! :D

I am stuck with Pappy and they said they will not change it.

I did want mine to have Shane, my name, but oh well.

HUSH! lol.

4. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco
    Expand Collapse

It is Latin for Imputed Righteousness and the reason I chose it stems from Romans 5:12-21:

Rom 5:12 Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned-- 13 for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many. 16 And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification. 17 If, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ. Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. 19 For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous. 20 Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
    21 so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So basically when Adam tresspassed against the Lord his guilt was imputed onto his entire posterity. But when one is justified through Christ then Christ's own righteousness is imputed onto the believer. I really like it.

Please staff, help me out. I know you can do it, I've used vbulletin software before. :flower:

5. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco
    Expand Collapse

Haha, could be worse. :tongue3:

6. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

We normally do not change the username once you have posted for awhile because it causes confusion.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick
    Expand Collapse

Andrew, It says you joined in 69. Was there an internet in 69?

I remember using BBS which was the forerunner to internet. When I first got on the net you had to use gopher (pre html) and you had to type the complete init string to make the modem dial. My first modem was 9.6k.

8. Mark Fesco

Mark Fesco
    Expand Collapse

I've made 30 some odd posts over the last 5 months. I dont think anyone knows me enough to find themselves confused if it were to change. :tongue3:

I would greatly appreciate it and would post more if it were changed. As of now I don't like using this account.

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

If one member is allowed to change their user name, a lot or others members will want to change theirs (there are two just in this one thread) therein lies the confusion that leads to problems.