1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UZTHD's views on Christology

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Paul33, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

UZ,

Thanks.

What you have shared is disturbing. I believe that God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are equals and have the same attibutes.

Is there a difference in your opinion as to Jesus laying aside the "use" of his attributes while still maintaing them vs. Jesus "losing" some of his attributes as God when he became a man. I hold to the former. I think that Jesus gave up the use of certain attributes like omnipresence while still be capable of it as God if he were to choose to be omnipresence. Does that ring true?

The son proceeding from the Father and the Holy Spirit proceeding from the Father and Son. Hmm. If I understand you correctly, this would be false.

The Son is eternally unique, but he does not proceed from the Father. Correct?

This is fascinating. Thanks again!

If I think like this, what heresy would I be accused of?

2. UZThD

UZThD New Member

Uh...I answered this somewhat on page 5 of that holy ground , the Fuller thread. Paul (or anyone) read my response there and tell me what you think.