1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VA boss linked to previous scandal now accused of covering up vet deaths

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 24, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

This is why my Tricare card is in my wallet, along with my wife's healthcare insurance card. Together, they give me access to privately-provided care that is far superior to the death-traps many VA hospitals and outpatient care programs have become. The VA is now administered by non-military personnel, with little or no respect for the service offered by their aging and ill patient population, nor even for the relatively healthy vets from recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The VA is worthless, with people like Helman outnumbering the sincere and concerned healthcare professionals in the VA that are so unfortunately few and far between these days.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont know about yours - but I would give my VA ( Syracuse,NY) a 90+ rating - I have recieved excellent care over the years.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Kansas City's VA, from what I've seen through the eyes of vets I've treated for alcoholism, drug addiction and disordered gambling, is very good. I'm speaking primarily of the VA system overall as "worthless," because the bad hospitals, clinics and program far outweigh the good ones. But even in KC, it's "the luck of the draw" and having as my personal doctor an internist/cardiologist combo through my wife's healthcare insurance -- she's a NICU nurse, so everything is cheaper going through her hospital system -- is a huge advantage over anything my VA can provide me.

#3 thisnumbersdisconnected, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014