1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VA DISABILITY

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Dec 6, 2004.

?
  1. Do whatever it takes. You deserve it

43.3%
  2. Adjust your pre-exam activity slightly

30.0%
  3. Do nothing out of the ordiniary

16.7%
  4. Do not exert any more than you need to

3.3%
  5. You should NOT refile for VA comp

3.3%
  6. other

3.3%
  1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Salty,

I know a great church plant that could use a little disability . . .

;)

Congratulations. It is a wicked process.

2. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

I chose adjust your pre-exam activity for this reason. Most disabled vets have learned to temper their activity so as not to enflame the situation but if that diability were not there they would no doubt be very active. The question is does the injury affect your normal activity not your limited activity. If one does not have an injury what would be normal?

Thjplgvp

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you should attempt to pursue a "normal" routine, that is, do the things you would normally do as if your knee was functioning normally before your visit.

Disability, in theory, is negative deviation from "normal" ability. If you are being evaluated on the basis of "normal" ability, you should give the evaluator an honest demonstration of your disability.

If you pamper your knee before your evaluation, you are not giving the evaluator an opportunity to properly assess your situation.