1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Various Forms of Fundamentalism (particularly IFB)

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Greektim, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree bus ministries were and are blessed. My point was c1980 bus ministries started to die out due to various and sundry factors, insurance, fuel costs, vehicle maintenance costs, ect. Mr Hyles centered his ministry on the bus ministry and the Sunday School it supported. That is what folks went to learn about at his Pastors Schools. When, bus ministries died out, he sought other matters to focused on. His extreme KJVO position was one.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, thanks for the explanation. However, (1) there was more to Pastors' School (at least the one I attended in the 1970s) than the bus ministry, and (2) as of 2012 (the last time I was there) the bus ministry at Hammond was still going strong.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I left out soul winning visitation. As a San Franciscan, I never had the opportunity or desire to go to Pastor's school. My focus is on what drew folks to Pastor's School and the Hyles' way of doing church.

4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

...it would be a good thing IMO if churches could bus kids into church as in days past.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, thanks brother.