1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VBS - Strength needed!

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by annsni, Jul 29, 2008.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - for some reason, VBS is kicking my butt this year! I'm in charge of the kitchen - refreshments for 450 kids and 150 workers plus whatever number of parents that wish to stay for a cup of coffee and some snacks.

This year our numbers are WAY up so I had to hit Costco again today to restock what we're low on (this is just Tuesday! I usually don't have to fine tune our stuff until Wednesday or Thursday.) I also have a woman in my department who signs up each year and honestly cannot go into any other department (with the kids) so I get to have her with me. She's very high needs, demanding, bossy and loud - and she really got on my last nerve today. I didn't blow up at her but I finally had to walk out and get a cup of coffee myself and sit outside for a few minutes. Fortunately, she's not here the next two days so I just have one more day with her.

I was so frazzled today that after dealing with an injury (I'm also the first aid person), I actually threw out my first aid kit! I didn't realize until the next child came in and needed a band-aid and one of the workers told me I threw out the box - she though it was empty so didn't say anything!! I just restocked it last night! OY!!

So if you could pray for strength and endurance for all of our VBS staff and for extra grace for those of us who have to deal with the difficult, it would be greatly appreciated.

I came home from VBS today and slept for 3 hours! And I NEVER nap! LOL

2. Beth

Beth New Member

yes

Will be praying, Ann!

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Good news! to hear so many children are

hearing the gospel at VBS! Yes, we will pray for you that the Lord will give you the
    need strength! May the Lord bless you for your service .