1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veep Dan Quail

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you rate Dan Quail as an effective Vice-President?

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well, he never fulfilled the primary role of his office. That's a good thing.

3. North Carolina Tentmaker

I always loved Dan Quayle.

As VP he made some bonehead statements and appearances, not unlike our current VP. Is there some unwritten rule that our Vice Presidents must always appear to be raving idiots. Seriously, Joe "Drop the 'F' bomb" Biden, Dick "Accidental shooting" Cheney, Al"Invented the Internet" Gore, Dan "Potatoe" Quayle. It's almost like our presidents are so insecure they are afraid thier VP will be more liked then they are.

I thought Dan Quayle was much better at his job than the president he served under and would have probably made a great president. Of course after 4 years of media attention there was not much chance of that.

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I admired Dan Quayle. He was a decent VP and performed the duties of his office well. I would probably have voted for him for president had I had the opportunity.

5. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just noticed this could mistakenly be interpreted as being critical of DQ. Far from it. I meant that it was good that he was not required to succeed President Bush, which was his primary role as VP. Wanted to clarify.

Had he run for President, I'd have voted for him.