1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VeriChip = Mark Of The Beast ?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Larry, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I personally heard Peter and Paul Lalonde make exactly the same claim about debit cards in 1994 on their This Week in Bible Prophecy program. (TWIBP was a low-budget, Canadian answer to Jack van Impe's similar show. The Lalondes have since gone on to other things, most notably producing the Left Behind movie.) This was at about the time when point-of-sale devices were just starting to become common in stores, and new "smart card" technologies were just over the horizon.

Ironically, I was working at the time for a company that provided software to drive ATM and POS networks. Knowing how these machines actually worked, I found the Lalondes' doom-and-gloom description rather comical.

And then, a few years later, I was at a men's retreat where I got into a conversation with an older gentleman whose son apparently worked for another such company. He was trying to talk him into changing jobs because, in his words, debit cards are "the mark of the beast."

So in 1994 and 1997, at least, this was a common enough belief.

[ June 11, 2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Ransom ]

2. dp

dp Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either way as opinions go regarding whether the Verichip is the mark of the beast or not, the company has been having various "problems" for some time now.

An article at World Net Daily news... click HERE.

3. MeliChaCha

MeliChaCha New Member

Are you sure you are not exaggerating just a little? “People said”….what people? I can see how some would see the SS Card as a precursor to the MOTB but Drivers licenses, state ID cards, credit card numbers. ATM cards and the Internet, where did you meet these people? What did they look like?

Obviously, for you to receive a mark in your forehead or hand, you would have to IMPLANT a device. The VeriChip fits that criterion…..Of course there are more things to it.

So can I assume that you would be one of the first to get the implant.?

Years before I ever got saved, I read the book of Revolution. At that time, with the keen mind of a unregenerate man, I thought "as far fetched as that sounds, if they ever come up with something like that I will know this stuff is true, and then get saved", man that was stooooped!

It blows my mind, that some of you seem to think this is no big deal.

The connection between enumerating people and the chip is; you have to be able to identify each and every individual person before you cam mark them. How many of you would be for implanting a chip in the Afghani prisoners in Cuba? How about paroled child molesters? It will probably take several years but I suspect the chip will take baby steps until everyone has to get one.

I'm not digging a bomb shelter or anything like that. I know in whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have commended unto him.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Larry, I'm with you!

Someone had commented that this "mark of the beast" controversy arose when social security numbers appeared, etc., which might be true... but those things didn't get implanted in your being! And think about where in the body they have been testing implanting these things... The family who got them implanted had them in the arm, but they're also looking to implant these in hands and foreheads. Sorry, that's a little eerie for my taste!
    http://www.rapturechrist.com/implant.jpg
    [Hi Meli - The Baptist board has a rule that no images may exceed the size of the BB logo at the top if the page, 20250 pixels. I left your image as a link in this post and the next one. - Clint Ktitzer, Moderator]

Also, they've started distributing and advertising these mostly in Florida... the "Chipsons" (as the family has been lovingly labeled by ADS, Applied Digital Soloutions) live in Boca Raton, which just happens to be where plenty of retirees who might go into the implantation with the best of intentions (their health) live. Great.

Here's an excerpt of an article I ran across:
    Head of Privacy International, Simon Davies, believes chips could be employed as tracking devices. "The pattern for these things is they start as medical uses, then becomes used in the military or in prisons. Then become voluntary, then compulsory," he says.

That's a bit creepy for my blood.

- meli -

[ June 14, 2002, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]

4. MeliChaCha

MeliChaCha New Member

It wouldn't have to be IMPLANTED. If you walk up and mark on my forehead with a felt tip pen, it's a mark. The mark of the Beast could be as complicated as this VeriChip or as simple as a Tatoo.

Anyway, things are even more scary then this simple VeriChip. They are working with Monkeys here at Stanford at placing devices in the brain. In experiments I have seen, they can already sense where the Monkey is thinking about moving his arm, and then move a prostetic one for him. It is quite amazing. Its sounds pretty scary but if I was paralized I might be the first to sign up. When I was at Illinois Tech they already had devices that you could place in the head that helped the blind to see. It basically decoded the image and then communicated it to the brain the same way the eye would. It is still abit fuzzy (of course) but it is only a matter of time before we have that dude from star trek the NG in real life. It is all quite amazing from a medical standpoint and quite frightening from every other standpoint.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Lookie here...

Transcrannial Magnetic Stimulation

http://www.rapturechrist.com/_1418091_brain_image150.jpg

Another method being considered to treat depression is Transcrannial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS).

The patient sits down on a chair and has an octagonal coil of between 10 to 15 centimeters diameter placed on their head.

The coil then carries a current several times per second and generates rapidly pulsating magnetic fields, which stimulate the left forebrain - an area linked to depression

Other types of implants approved by the FDA which are inserted inside the body of the patients are: insulin pumps, drug delivery pumps, pain control systems, and nerve stimulators.

Fun. :rolleyes:

- meli -

[ June 14, 2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]