1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vermont high court hears arguments in groundbreaking civil union case

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...Mat Staver is the attorney for Miller -- now a born again Christian – and he says there are several issues facing justices. "I think this case illustrates that when one state recognizes same sex unions, it affects the other states...it disrupts families, it undermines the stability of moms and dads," Staver points out. "...therefore we can't buy the notion that civil unions [are] okay...No, same sex marriage should not be recognized, neither should civil unions..."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Legal/Default.aspx?id=69593

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I fail to understand how someone else having a civil union to give them rights to see one another in the hospital, have health insurance, and inheritance rights, etc. undermines my marriage. Doesn't seem to be that big an issue to me.

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Wow MP, you are sounding more like Neal Boortz now. Congrats!! Just kidding!! Don't get to irritated at me.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Sag, I don't get irritated very easily! :laugh: