1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Verses or Words Left out of MV Bibles

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Apr 12, 2004.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Individual words may seem lost from one version to the next, but the message is 100 identical - no change/nothing lost.

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For some strange reason KJVo's get flustered and eventually quit posting. I do not know for certain if it is up against the wall of impossibility when trying to argue without scriptural basis or what. Since their faith is built on nothing but faith I think we can see that it would be frustrating to try to prove a theory that is weak.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Their "faith" is built on feelings, logical fallacies, and abuse of scriptural/historical facts.

The behavior you noted is common in my experience. KJVO's make wild claims and assertions. Someone blunts them with facts and logic and they will react instinctively: fight or flight.

Michelle does a little of both but mostly she will back off for a couple of days then come back with the same baseless assertions.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Originally posted by GrannyGumbo:
    Quote:
    For some strange reason KJVo's get flustered and eventually quit posting.

And sometimes the reason is due to being fed-up with trying to reason with y'all and/or being banned. Many good soldiers of the cross have been posting here not only for those of you in err, but for those shy souls who read only. Only the Lord can convict one's heart.

No one's wanting to ban Michelle. I, and several others have asked her to DEFEND HER VIEWS because we know it's part of a FALSE DOCTRINE someone's taught her. And there are also the other readers and lurkers to consider. Jesus died for them, too. I don't think it's asking too much of someone to ask him/her to defend his/her views. Shoot, people ask the same of me all the time, and I readily answer, as you've likely seen in this board.

If those KJVOs who leave actually BELIEVED their myth, they'd defend it tooth & nail instead of opting out. This tells me that many of them only believe the myth SKIN-DEEP. When opposition arises that 's presenting irrefutable FACT, they just can't take it. Hopefully, at least SOME of them will examine the facts & fallacies of the KJVO myth for themselves, & opt out from the FALSE DOCTRINE instead of from these discussions.(I pray for ALL of them, not just a few!)

I get so tired of the never-ending cycle of circular reasoning & decided to get out my vacuum a long time ago. Y'all just simply choose to avoid the plain truth. You seem lukewarm or just don't care.

Actually, that would be the KJVOs who're avoiding the plain, simple truth that KJVOism is a man-made false doctrine, and a myth. I've provided PROOFfor the falsehood of KJVO. I, as well as several others, have posted its purely MAN-MADE ORIGINS. We've provided simple logic to show KJVO cannot be true in the face of God's preservation of His word. And all the while the burden of proof has been with the KJVOs, since THEY'VE presented Christindom with a new doctrine about the very SCRIPTUIRES. The KJVO has the job of trying to elevate their doctrine from myth status. So far, they've flopped loudly.

Can YOU provide any evidence to lift the false, man-made KJVO doctrine from "myth" status?

There were those who fought a good fight, here, others elsewhere on the Board...but were tossed out for standing for Truth.

Such as that character who recently posted a bunch of ancient KJVO stuff & then called all of us who didn't buy it "heretics"? And the ANTI-KJVOismer who called the KJVOs some uncomplimentary names? I wonder just WHOSE "truth" they were standing for?

It doesn't bother me when you mock me...God will deal with you in His own time. I will always continue to pray for each of you, tho' some I question if they deserve prayer.

You, personally, shouldn't be mocked for your choice of Bible version, but when someone has a false doctrine that's hardened into dogma, they often need some sorta "wake-up call"...and you MIGHT wanna consider the fact that if you're actually pushing the KJVO myth, God might well be dealing with YOU in an unpleasant way, in His own time. Not saying He WILL, but the possibility looms large. God does NOT like false doctrines, nor seeing His word insulted.

I was Bible, before kjBible was such a hit...there was no other to read or be found anywhere in my neck of the woods. I lack the knowledge of all the stuff you talk about here, what does that make me..."willfully ignorant", you say? So be it.

It's YOUR choice whether or not to use everything God has provided for you. There WERE other BVs for me to read, and after I was saved, I availed myself of as many as possible at the time.Now, I believe I have sufficient knowledge of the Scriptures to use only the NASB, NKJV, KJV, NIV, & replica AV 1611, though not always in that order. It depends upon what I'm doing. If I'm teaching a class on the intricacies of prophecy for our time, & how the various OT & NT prophecies blend together, then I'm gonna use a modern-English version so I can spend more time TEACHING than TRANSLATING.

But back to the gist of the last several posts:

Michelle repeatedly tells us that we're avoiding the TRUTH about the Scriptural mss, but she isn't offering any rational reasons why. She said she had some Scripture to justify her reasons, but we aint seen it yet. She says she aint KJVO, so I asked her what other version(s) she recommends as well as the KJV. Her answers to these questions? NOT HERE, that's for sure.

You see how I answered HER questions as fully and politely as I could. Again, is it asking too much to expect the same for MY questions??

Granny~an unworthy servant, as well as an unsissy Christian.

I don't think GOD considers you unworthy. However, if you're gonna try to defend the KJVO myth, you might see why the other side rejects it.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scott J:Their "faith" is built on feelings, logical fallacies, and abuse of scriptural/historical facts.

Not to mention guesswork, and in some cases, OUTRIGHT LIES. At least we don't see much of the latter HERE.

The behavior you noted is common in my experience. KJVO's make wild claims and assertions. Someone blunts them with facts and logic and they will react instinctively: fight or flight.

Either way, they lose.

Michelle does a little of both but mostly she will back off for a couple of days then come back with the same baseless assertions.

Evidently, she hasn't dealt with the likes of us, who ask for ANSWERS for our questions, and will NOT let up till we receive some rational ANSWERS.

A certain person who posts here booted me from a board because I persistently pressed for some BASIC ANSWERS FOR BASIC QUESTIONS, such as, "Where is the SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for the KJVO myth?" That's one they JUST WON'T/CAN'T ANSWER! Until the KJVOs can get past that basic roadblock to the veracity of their myth, I consider all their arguments moot although I answer them anyway for the sake of the other readers.