1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Very Sad

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Aug 11, 2013.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I relate, in 94 we went 7 days without electricity (whew, three weeks that's tough) because of an ice storm. It literally sounded like a war going on off in the distance from all the trees and branches breaking down to the ground (lots of forest here), it was nonstop for a while.

Indeed it did bring out the best in folks here where I lived, we were all taking care of one another, my neighbors came down and stayed a couple nights with us until we got some heat going for them, we went from house to house with a generator to run furnaces and sump pumps, we cleared roads and driveways of trees and limbs, and pulled cars from ditches, and, well, whatever was in front of us we did! And we're all the much closer now for it! But, this is a religious community, probably ten Churches within a 2 mile radius of my house.

#41 kyredneck, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

I have not participated here in a while. I realized it was pointless to argue with "know-it-all" idiots on the internet whose main method of debate is to call anyone who disagrees with them a heretic.

Funny that you, Icon, and EWF are three of my best friends here, even though we disagree on many things, while some of those I agree with the most are simply jerks.

This used to be my favorite place to post. Of late, it has become unedifying.