1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vet cuts down Illegal Mexican flag flying above U.S. Flag

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Absolutely! And I appreciate your reasoned tone as well. We aren't really far apart on this one though. The rest of my last post was my thoughts and commentary.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

As a citizen of Heaven; I think my leader (Jesus) told us to turn the other cheek. I think he said if he is in need of something, give him more (as in clothes).

I would like to know just how many people out there are REALLY starving because a Mexican took their job. Here, Mexicans are the ONLY people who will take jobs in a chicken processing plant where they get fingers sliced and have to work in 40 to 50 degree weather with nothing but rubber gloves (that don't help temperature. Our church ACTUALLY supports a Mexican mission in our town and I have become friends with some REAL nice people who are here for one thing and that is to have food on the table back home for their families.

I work for the government of the US and will follow and obey all of her rules which means I will put the US flag above all others, but I will NOT tear up someone elses property because they put their home country's flag above mine. That is their property and I have NO RIGHT, legally or ethically, or religiously to tear down their property.

My humble thoughts here.:jesus:

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

On this point Phillip, you are simply wrong. Legal Americans were doing these jobs long before the illegal immigrants were enticed to come across the border and be used as pawns for large chicken processing plants so as to lower wages. This didn't just affect the chicken industry but it affected other factory jobs as well. I don't blame the illegals for taking jobs that were handed to them by these
    unscrupulous businesses .

5. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

The only property I'd want to destroy that belonged to someone else was pirated dvd's. Mexicans sell them in borad daylight on one of the buisiest streets next to several different bus stops and never get caught for it!

6. KJV4JJ

KJV4JJ New Member

There is absolutely law regarding flag placement and height. If flown on the same pole, the United States flag MUST be higher.

I would expect the same thing if I were to move to Mexico... You bet I would still be flying the STARS & STRIPES, but out of respect for the country that I was a guest in, I would fly thiers above ours.

My hat is off to that guy!

7. KJV4JJ

KJV4JJ New Member

Great job! Thanks for the post!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

8. Magnetic Poles

Bear in mind, the Flag Code has no penalties or punishment for violation. Rather it is the protocol for respecting the flag. Otherwise, it is free speech violation. If a person wants to stage a political protest by burning or desecrating a flag they own, it is their right to do so, and is protected free expression.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good points, MP. Unfortunately, nationalism tends to cloud a person's perspective.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry, missing this - did you read post #7?

PLEASE folks DO NOT quote offensive posts and comments. Just report them. When you quote them it keeps the offense going. The moderator then has to go through and try to catch every quote to be edited.

#30 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  11. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

So it is. Though it wasn't always that way.

I wonder, is it also considered Free Speech if one put out the fire?

Here's PJ O'Rourke's description of flag-burning at a D.C. rally awhile back. I thought it was hilarious :)

"Demonstrators tried to burn an American flag. They had trouble lighting it. Maybe their matches had been taken by airport security—or maybe all the anti-smoking propaganda aimed at the young has come home to roost in a lack of fire-making skills. When the flag at last caught flame, a passerby shoved his way into the crowd. He was a normal-looking man without great height or bulk. He began to throw punches. He was set upon by twenty-five or thirty of them. There was a momentary geyser of funny clothes, odd hairstyles, and flopping tattooed limbs. The normal-looking man emerged, slightly winded, carrying the remains of the flag and having received a scuff on the forehead."

12. Magnetic Poles

Thanks Roger!

13. Magnetic Poles

Then there was the guy a year or so ago who tried to burn an American flag and accidentally set himself on fire.