1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veterans Groups

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am a member of the DAV. I receive some medicine from the VA, and basic check ups. My wife and I give regularly to the Paralyzed Vets of America. I have a 70% rating. The VA helped me with another degree in Medical Administration, and today, I am working as a clinical associate at an adult day care. It is a very rewarding job.

Although my title was electronics and networking tech for the US Government, the job required a lot of heavy lifting for motors, bearings, putting on belts, etc. It was the totality of the machine. I was well over retirement age, and my heart was in such bad shape, it got to where I could not lift anything. At home, I could not push mow the yard over three or four swipes, walk to the end of the block, or carry boxes to the attic. I had to retire because of not being able to do the job. Shortly after that, I had a nuclear stress test, and they found six blockages, and stints were not able to be used. I was operated on the next day. That has been going on four years ago, and am doing much better.

It is only by the grace of God I am still here, as one of the six blockages was 90% in what is called the "widow maker."

#2 saturneptune, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2013
  3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I'm a Platinum Commander's Club level member of the DAV.

4. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

That's a great list! I'm gonna book mark this thread". :thumbs: I currently am enrolled with the VA and get my meds and see Drs at the hospital. I'm also hoping to join the American Legion.

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The living granddaddy of them all, The American Legion. (The Grand Army of the Republic was its inspiration)

#5 Squire Robertsson, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2013
  6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Just joined the National Veterans Coalition.