1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Video: Dem wants to eliminate private health insurance altogether

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) returned to the ObamaCare battle on MS-NBC’s Morning Joe today, preaching the public-plan gospel just as he did yesterday on CNBC. However, this time, Joe Scarborough goaded Weiner into a little more honesty than he’s offered on the effort to “reform” health care. Declaring that “health care is not a commodity,” Weiner says his aim is to eliminate all private insurance — which is why he will not yield on the public-plan option:

More Here

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Good for him. That is the right solution.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You are correct! I am a Democrat and would like nothing better than to see all health insurance to be run by the government.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Too bad they don't have the votes so they tried to compromise with the public option then cooperatives but still no GOP support. Glad to see them abandon bipartisanship and get the people affordable coverage.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Hey...good idea here: since profits are evil, and private companies therefore are evil...why not abolish all "private options?" Why not let the government...which, after all, is inherently good and wise...take care of everything we need?

You people are scary. You have positively no concept of what principles this country was founded upon.

(either that, or you know, but don't care...)

Sad.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is it. The rule of law and the constitution means nothing

7. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's bad is how the czars have been appointed like crazy. These are people we haven't voted for & they don't need to be confirmed by the Senate. The government has control over the auto industry, banks, & is trying to get ahold of healthcare & energy.

I'm sure if that happens they'll also be telling us what we can & can't eat. I not referring to imposing high taxes on unhealthy items either. While they at it, why don't the government just pick out my clothes for me, tell me what time I can or can't eat, what job I work, or even when I can & can't go to work too. After all if they are going to go that far, why not just go all the way?

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Bro Bossman, you are making a fallacious argument based on the Slippery Slope fallacy.

9. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Answer me this one question: has the government ever run anything with any kind of efficiency?

10. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

NASA and the United States military comes to mind.

11. RAdam

RAdam New Member

NASA? You mean that huge waste of money? Think of all we could do with the money we waste sending probes to Mars and the dream of colonizing Mars. What complete idiocy that is!

The US military I would grant you, but it isn't run by politicians and beaurocrats, but rather by military men ascended through the ranks who hold to a rigid code of conduct and order in their lives and careers.

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Like I thought anything would penetrate that right-wing shell you live in!

I don't care what you or the other republicant's say or do. I will support single payer health care reform. You just cannot understand that the Democrats won the past election. :thumbs:

13. targus

targus New Member

And you do not understand that winning an election does not mean that everyone has to just lay down and quietly accept everything that Obama wants to do.

But being an unwaivering fan of "the one" you no longer believe in freedom of speech or individual rights as he does not.

14. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the record, I'm not a Republican or a "Republicant" as you put it. I am a conservative. I support the most conservative candidates or the most conservative acts performed by our political leaders. If Democrats were more conservative than Republicans, I would support them. I'm not committed to any one particular party because political parties go off course too often. I only support the individuals.

15. RAdam

RAdam New Member

By the way, I'm not a Republican. In fact I've gone on record as saying they won't save us, they can't even save themselves. They are burying themselves in immorality and lies. I do, however, oppose attempts to move this country away from the foundation on which it was built.

I also see you didn't bother to address anything in my post.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Translation:

• "If you disagree with me, you are a 'republican.' Not 'my opponent.' And it's not possible for someone to disagree with me unless they are a Republican...and therefore the embodiment of evil."
      • And RS has called them "losers" and "neanderthals." Now who is it that is "mean-spirited" and "close-minded?" What a hypocrite.
    • "We won the election, and thus you have forfeited your right to speak your mind. Your job is to shut up and accept whatever we do to you and your country."
      • Remind me what system of government operates like that...
    • "I don't care what is said. I'm for this system."
      • In other words, I'm not even willing to entertain that other people might be right on this. Something as big and with as large a ramification as this...ah, what the heck, let's just do it. Why bother thinking it through?
    Wow...debating RS on this is like shooting fish in a barrel...Actually, it's more like shooting sucker fish who swim only to their left.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure it is. :rolleyes:

Putting 500,000 people out of work ought to be good for the economy.

If liberals actually had brains, they would want to take them out and play with 'em.

18. billwald

billwald New Member

The Social Security Administration claims that less than 3% (as I remember) of their budget goes for administrative cost and the rest is paid out in benefits.