1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Video shows Bush knew Katrina was going to be bad.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Galatian, Mar 2, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This scripture being pretty much ignored by some in this topic. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]______________________________
    Wow! Now everybody gets a free pass to do whatever they want. I think Jesus was talking about passing judgement. Bush stated "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees" .
    What ? Did he have a golf ball stuck in his ear or something. Bush was told and he tried to excuse himself from the major impact of this knowledge. It is obvious that he told a little bitty fib and our President is not above being held accountable. Bush can't stop a hurricane but he can refrain from his fibbing.We have the right to call him on it . King David was caught in a lie too but that didn't stop the truth from comming out.
    </font>[/QUOTE]The seat is already occupied, Rocko.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

No, no one (including you) gets a free pass!

No, he (the President) didn't have a "golf ball stuck in his ear"!

Here's some more of what the President said:

That doesn't sound like lying or incompetence to me.

3. standingfirminChrist

I wonder if you spend as much time bragging on Jesus as ya do on talking about the President?

Hmmmmm....

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Now here's a report published in The Times-Picayune on the day after the hurricane passed:

Apparently a whole lot of people didn't anticipate everything that could happen exactly the way it did much less prevent it! Disasters are so named, in part, because they bring about unexpected catastrophes and the best laid plans of mankind to prevent them or deal with them often fail to work the way we'd hope them to.

We, as Christians, should stop spreading the lie that the President knew the levees would be breached and did nothing about it or that he lied about it!

5. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Jeff Gannon did his business from the House, The White House that is. Yeah I think Bush is familiar with the likes of prostitutes.
    Pricilla Ann had it right
    Those who support Bush will attempt to rationalize this lie too.
    And they did.

6. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Hmmmm
    Lets see what was the topic again, oh yeah Bush knew Katrina was going to be bad. Hmmmmmmmm
    Not belittle you standingfirminChrist but you have no right to look down your nose at anybody.
    When Bush is out of line we have the right to call him on it. It is thinking that judging and pointing out errors are the same, they are not but it is that kind of mindset that has allowed our government become so corrupt.

7. standingfirminChrist

Calling someone out on a wrong action is one thing, but to canstantly bicker and complain about such actions are not that which edifies the Body of Christ.

The Bible teaches that all we do should be to the glory of God.

Judge that which is sin, yes. But after you have thus judged it to be sin, don't dwell on it. Take it to the Lord in prayer.

I see nowhere in the Word of God where Paul judged someone because of sin and then continuously dwelt on that. Nor any of the other Apostles.

8. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Well, seeing as you live in Texas I wouldnt advise you ever coming to Kentucky.

Seeing a state with this much beauty would probably be more than your dust bowl sensibilities could handle. :D

(just gotta kid ya a little bit there, pardner!)

Here, check out the wonderful little town where I live...

Click on: Berea, Kentucky

God bless,

Mike
    </font>[/QUOTE]:D

I have never been to Kentucky, but I did live in Chattanooga for a few years. Now living in Houston, I miss the beautiful Chattanooga area. If Kentucky is anything like Tennessee, I would love to see it.

9. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Amazing! Let some apply equal standards toward President Bush that was applied to President Clinton and some people around here start quoting Scripture and questioning peoples Christianity. :rolleyes:

10. standingfirminChrist

Again, show me scripture where we are supposed to dwell on the faults of others.

11. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Be very certain as to what purpose that you use the Lords name, invoking the name of Jesus as leverage to apply to your own agenda seem to me to be very, very wrong.

12. standingfirminChrist

my agenda is to preach Christ, not to put down man

13. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

Then abstain from the appearance of all evil.
    Don't use the Lords name in vain.

14. standingfirminChrist

I never used the Lord's name in vain.

15. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Personal attack deleted.

[ March 09, 2006, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thing has gone way off topic, and as it is almost on page 10 I am going to shut 'er down early.