1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

View on Antidpressants

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Shell, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I would ask her to see if her doctor will let her try Serzone. I used it for a while myself when I was down and after about two weeks I started feeling normal again. Supposedly, Serzone has less side-effects than many other anti-depressants; however, this is not always true--sometime the originals have less side-effects because the second medications are invented to get around the patents held by the first drug, so they may not be the great chemical to use.

Unless you know for sure (like Serzone), I would stick with Prozac and the earlier anti-depressants. Just my humble opinion--talk to your doctor before taking any medications and never, ever borrow an anti-depressant from someone to "see" if it works.

My wife probably wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for Serzone. Her story is one of great sadness and hurt and Serzone was one of those "God send" drugs that helped her through it.

By the way SFIC, she was always trusting in Christ during ALL of these situations; praying, reading the word and even attending church when she didn't feel like it.

It is easy to be judgmental about this stuff if you have never needed it or had a bad experience with something (and people do, when doctors are trying to adjust medications--often the first choices are not the best.)

2. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Phillip,
    I agree with you. His version of Baptist is not one that I've heard of. It must be his own version of baptist.....
    :praying:

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like your doc has a good handle on what anti-depressants are for, and what they can do.
    I've been on anti-depressants for over 2 years now, and yes, I've had to try more then one, even combinations of anti-depressants.
    I agree with your doc. I just want to "feel normal" - nothing more/nothing less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.