1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vigils for Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Sapper Woody, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

From nbcnews.com:
    Anyone else see anything wrong with this? They're holding a Vigil for someone who was legally proven to be the aggressor. Whatever your opinions on Zimmerman's innocence, he was proven innocent in a court of law.

On a second note, what do they think that abolishing the "Stand Your Ground" law will accomplish? It will make intended assault victims actually be the victim, whether or not the aggressor is successful. If the victim fights them off, and has to use deadly force to stop it, then they become liable.

I just don't see the sense in it all.

#1 Sapper Woody, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if they'd be holding vigils for Zimmerman if Martin had been successful.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I intend to celebrate by lying motionless among scattered Skittles.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

It is nothing less than defiance of the courts, the outcome of the case, and reality. They don't care Martin was the aggressor, they don't care Zimmerman was found not guilty (though they wish he had not been), they don't care that the "Stand Your Ground" law protects people who use self-defense against those who would do them harm.

They want things the way they want them, and that is not how things are now. So they continue to harangue Zimmerman and the courts while holding up a two-bit thug punk as a hero in order to get their way.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's about as lopsided a news summary as could possibly be written.

I'm sure the writer will be at the vigil crying his eyes out.:rolleyes:

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What we have all over the country is a series of assaults by blacks against whites. For example, yesterday a black Indianapolis female school bus driver hit a white girl with a broom handle in a school bus shouting match.