Virginia Man Gives Away Luxury Accommodations for Inauguration Week

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

Stafford, a Virginia businessman, has reserved $1 million worth of rooms at Washington's JW Marriott Hotel, along the Inauguration Day parade route. He plans to offer the rooms, at no charge, to disadvantaged people throughout the country so they can attend President-elect Barack Obama's Jan. 20 celebration.

More Here

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

How many hungry people could be fed, how many in debt people could be paid up with 1 Million Dollars. At this time in this economy this is money spent foolishly. How sad for all those people who could be helped in a substantial way.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick
    Expand Collapse

Not all wasted but I do agree a homeless person may want a roof than to see Obama sworn in.

However, this is his private money and I find it refreshing to see him voluntarily spending it on others as opposed to riotous living.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

Seeing Obama sworn in is an unnecessary luxury regardless of who it is given to. At the end of the ceremony where are those homeless going back to? What about those battered women, what will they have in their pockets at the end of the ceremony that will make their lives more sustainable? How about those wounded veterans? How will their lives be improved on a long term basis? In fact this is disgusting and it very well could be a political stunt of some kind. Because this make absolutely no sense. Having been homeless as well as alcohol addicted and a drug user I can say this is absolutely stupid. Where are our priorities?

#4 Revmitchell, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  5. LeBuick

LeBuick
    Expand Collapse

They will all have been touched by a Christian stranger who opened his heart and wallet by reaching out to them with this opportunity of a lifetime to see history being made. They will be better people and more giving of themselves. They may also be touched by his Christian spirit and seek Christ as their Lord and Savior. If only one comes then it was all worth while.

I know this may seem stupid and it doesn't make sense to you that someone would give of themselves no strings attached but there really are good people in this world who really do love and care about their fellowman.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

I am going to assume that you honestly misread my post and encourage you to reread it again. at that point you will be able to post an educated rebuttal.