1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vision of Hell!! Do you believe those who say they have been to hell?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 15, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I was wondering I have hear many testimonies of people who have been given either a vision or a near life experience and have seen hell. What are your thoughts on this???

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I am very sceptical.
    There are so many christians which claim to have been in hell. Most of them write books about it.
    Why should Jesus do this? Seriously, would you, as an unbeliever, convert just because somebody tells you he saw hell? Or would you think he's a nut?
    Jesus said even if somebody comes back from the dead people will not believe, why should God now contradict his own statement?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's false. God doesn't give second chances...He's not fickle.

4. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Does anyone think that maybe God allows this so others will be warned of the consequenses of Sin??

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Just a few days ago I saw a documentary about near death experiences. There was a guy who died and was already in hell and then claimed to hear God's voice commanding him to pray and he prayed and then there was a light and Jesus came and took him to heaven and then back into his body and this guy is a believer now.
    What do you think of this? I cannot imagine that God would do this. If you could still pray and repent in hell then everybody would be saved. Kenneth Hagin also prayed when he was already dead.... this is not biblical.
    But this guy survived and he is a christian now. What sense would this make if this is a satanic deception? Maybe to fool others into thinking that you can still be saved after dying? :confused:

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The brain is a powerful organ, and can induce dreams and delusions, particularly in a stressful situation such as being near death. Did they see hell? No.

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No I don't believe them - I believe the Bible instead.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I've been asked on multiple occasions to make the trip. Does that count?? :smilewinkgrin: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, I believe those with such claims are under strong delusion. Reference the story, not parable, I said story, not parable, of the rich man and Lazarus.

Ed

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I once visited Cullman, Alabama.

:tongue3:

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I have been through Hell . . .

Hell, California

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I first 'got into' Christian radio in the mid-80's, one show I listened to with some regularity was Kenneth Hagin's show; it must have been on at the time I was driving to work or school, I suppose. It actually took a few weeks, maybe a few months, until I realized he was a pentecostal wacko when he told his story about "going to hell" and coming back. It was especially freaky since I was about half mile away from the house where he claimed that happened when I heard it. I drove by the house just for a curious look, and it was an ordinary house in that area, just with a little stained glass. Nevertheless, I toyed with the idea of hell being "close to home" and laughed at myself for not being more discerning about who and what I was listening to, and in the end began a cynical outlook toward preachers, writers, et al, and have always tried to look 'below the surface' when it seems I agree with the essentials of what they are saying.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

My answer to the OP:

No, not one whit, not one iota, not even a shade of an iota, do I believe these people.

13. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Michigan also has a Hell (Pop. circa 250), which can indeed freeze over in the winter. It is locatd in the Lower Peninsula, natch. The good news :rolleyes: is that there is also a Paradise in Michigan, as well, some 300 miles away, and of course in the Upper Peninsula. Another bit of good news is that Paradise has about double the population of Hell (Pop. circa 500). But somehow, I don't think that is where I was asked to travel. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

14. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

So what does this mean? Are those people which claim they saw hell weird wackos? I know a woman at another forum which shows up from time to time and then posts something about her hell experience. These experiences all sound so fantastic and also so much like they're right out of the movies. The people see demons marching in long lines, or demons torturing people, or Satan laughing at people. It's always the same. They describe hell as a place where Satan tortures the lost.
    At least this woman seems very strange to me. She also opened a thread about the Narnia movie where she warned about demons being in this movie because the monsters which are in Narnia look exactly the same as those demons which she saw in hell.....
    Somehow I feel like for those people everything is about demons, hell and Satan. They are constantly freaking out and warning others about the occult. Pretty annoying.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

Those who claim to have died and gone to hell and come back are delusional.

If indeed they had died and gone to hell, there would be no second chance. The account of the rich man and Lazarus shows us there is no return from that place of torment.

Will there be prayer and believing in hell? Why certainly. The rich man prayed (although to Abraham). But it did not do any good. And the rich man certainly became a believer once he felt the fires of Hell; as will all who choose to stay on that broad road to destruction.

16. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes. It doesn't make sense. I don't even understand why christians don't get up and say that this isn't biblical. I feel like most of them listen to these stories and accept them.
    But what if these people really are christians today? Then their strange experience was even beneficial for them. :confused:

17. His Blood Spoke My Name

IMO, if these people who claim to have died and gone to hell say that they converted to christianity because of this experience and have not repented of the lie (it is a lie), but continue to spread the lie; they are not truly christians.

The Bible tell us in Revelation 21:8 that all liars will find their part in the lake of fire. If they continue to lie after their supposed conversion and do not repent, they will find themselves in the lake of fire.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Wait a minute. If they had an experience which they believe was from God but was a deception from Satan then how are they supposed to know it?
    This is what doesn't make sense. Why should Satan give them a deceiving experience which will result in them becoming christians? Where's the sense of it? Unless it's Satans overall plan to simply cause confusion and he's willing to accept that these people might become believers due to their experience as collateral damage.

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

Because if satan can cause them to believe a lie, and they live that lie, satan has kept that soul from heaven.

Revelation 21:26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
    27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
    16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

20. Link

Link New Member

xdisciplex

Can you show me anything in the Bible that says that this cannot happen? Didn't God show aspects of Hell and the Lake of Fire to these men?

God occasionally does something dramatic to someone who is not saved to get their attention. Consider the case of Sal of Tarsus. I wonder if there were any Christian back then who believed that what he said happened to him could not have happened because Jesus was in heaven.

Btw, I don't think that testimony you told about was from Kenneth Hagin.