1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Visited a Reformed Baptist Church

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a cop-out. You are doing damage to your relationship with your Wife and step-son.

You knew both what her church opinions and situation were and accepted them when you married her.

Perhaps she needs more stability than what your newest-shiny-thing church hunt offers. In a case like this one, unless there be an obvious (not based on opinion) unbiblical practice or belief in the church, I would show my Wifey my love and accompany her to the place where she thinks that she needs to be. While I was there, I would keep my mouth shut and not try to change the church to conform to my opinions.

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

After the Lord saved me, my wife and I attended for a short time a soul winning church. Their theme song was, I want to be a soul winner for Jesus. The church was located in a small community and most of the young people would go out on Monday night and visit the community houses to win soul's for Jesus. Our cry was, we are going to win this mountain top for Jesus. I think we ticked more people off by showing up on their door step every week than we meant too. People got to the place they wouldn't answer their door and ignored our knocking and door bell ringing. But the church had tunnel vision, we were like the movie, the walking dead, we just kept on going, we were soul winners for Jesus.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not expelled from the church I am just choosing to leave based on some unbiblical things. I will probably be back but for the moment I am keeping my distance.

#23 evangelist6589, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll probably be back there but for the moment I want to keep my distance.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be difficult. I have a friend who is Baptist but attends a Methodist church to influence her family. But she is among Christians. If your wife's is a false church, then I understand that would be a problem. It would be difficult to leave my family in such a "church." I'll be praying for you and your family.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Unbiblical" is a strong term; could you elaborate some?

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for you....I totally agree :applause:. What community are you referrencing....IE, what defines community to you?

Shame on you Ann....now you are being biblical! :laugh:

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK....and so, did you win anyone over?

9. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

No, It was more like a game. Every Sunday morning the congregation would tell the pastor how many contacts they made during that week and the one with the most contacts would be honored before the congregation. This pastor preached easy believism, rededication to the saved every service. His altar would always be full because of his high pressure evangelism. This guy was big on the Sword Of The Lord, Jack Hyles and all that crowd.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The people around you. Those you see in the library, the grocery store, the local government, the schools, etc. We have a little bit of a harder time because we live in one area and go to church in another but we still work with both communities. We like to frequent certain businesses, be in contact with the schools to see how we can help the kids in those schools (usually the more needy) and work with the local mission who REALLY has a hand in the community (feeding 3500 people each week, providing services, youth programs, etc.). That is where the heart of the Gospel makes a difference.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, perception becomes the reality. Only its not really real. Got it ....thanks.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That activity is much needed & biblical....thanks:thumbs:

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line is I cannot force them to leave as they insist on staying.

14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm with you. Leaving a church "for some unbiblical things" is too nebulous.

Thousand Hills in post 13 summarized a number of evan's church standards. Only a few were qualified by evan.

The evidence is weak that evan should leave that assembly. And I think it is sinful for him to leave his wife behind while he samples other churches. Many red flags are fluttering in the wind. What is his step-son to think? What do the congregants of his former church think of evan's actions?

15. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find your attitude towards tracts to be quite sad.

It is not possibly to get out there and really build relationships with people in this fast paced society, sometimes the best you can do is get a tract in someone's hand.

I have given out many tracts to people behind cash register's, there were many occasions where it was not possible to really get into a conversation about the Gospel.

Gospel tracts are a fantastic way to share Christ.

1. People can't argue or interrupt the message of a Gospel Tract.

2. The power for salvation is in the word of God, and when we give it out God promises his word won't return void, Getting a piece of paper with the word of God on it to others is good for this purpose!

3. Gospel Tracts are a cheap and efficient way to share the gospel in terms of money and time. Think about it, you can share the gospel with 20 people walking down a busy street in a big city in about 5 minutes.

I will say though that I would much rather confront people one on one, but gospel tracts are must and it's a shame people don't take advantage of them.

To say you don't see gospel tracts in the scripture is a sad excuse, You don't see Church Buildings, Microphones, The Internet, or Cell Phones, but all these things are a great tool for sharing the Gospel.

16. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something very fishy going on here and then a new thread about separation in marriage....

Things that make you go HMMMMMM

17. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is possible to get out there and really build relationships with people in our fast paced society.

If you do not have enough time to build relationships, then you need to make adjustments to your life/schedule.

18. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sorry I meant to say, it is not ALWAYS possible.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

And they, I take it, cannot force you to stay if you want to leave. There seems to be a lack of commitment on both sides. It is a sad situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Maybe, maybe not. There are some essentials that a church should have that are non-negotiable. But many of the things you listed appeared to be preferences. As JonC and Rippon advised it may be difficult, but the best thing may be to stay where you are with your family and serve them by being humble in this situation. While it may not be your ideal church, at the end of the day you show them love by being patient. They will never submit to your authority in the home if they don't see humility in your life.