Vista and program incompatibilities

Discussion in 'Computers & Website Forum' started by mcdirector, Aug 1, 2007.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

mmmmm I was sure I posted this, but it's not here, sooooooo

I got a new laptop ordered and it's got Vista on it.

I have been using Macromedia Firewords (pre Adobe buyout) for making graphics and I'm wondering if it will load -- or if I try to load it what will happen??? Any clues?

I'm also curious about my Texas Instruments software that I use for calculator screenshots and my test generation software which is getting rather old . . . . mmmmmm I'm sure I've got other things that will crop up.

The laptop isn't here yet, so I'd like to be somewhat prepared.

2. exscentric

exscentric
    Expand Collapse

Not a problem, if some of those old programs don't work on your new laptop, just send the laptop to me and you won't have to fight the problems :laugh:

I don't know but in xp if you right click there is an option to run the program as an older windows version which should work (if vista has that option :)

I have been having problems with Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 locking up my system. When I report the problem I get a message that MS doesn't support the old versions anymore and suggest I upgrade to new programs. SOOOOOO much for backward compatibility and support for what you buy from MS :tear: