1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vitimization

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Filmproducer, Jan 15, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What you say you meant and what is in your post are two completely different things. Lebuick said:

Originally Posted by LeBuick
    I guess it depends on what free means? Free to ride in the bac of the bus or to go to the backdoor to be served? Free to be the janitor and not the CEO? Free to not get the job or promotion because of the color of you skin? If you can that free, then I agree... Stop belly aching.

You said : I agree.

There is no other way to interpret that

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Affirmative Action and other equalizing laws are necessary, and will be until the mindset of corporate America becomes truly color-blind.

Sure, African-Americans get hired now. But take away the requirements, and I can tell you, from experience, that hirings would go down. There are simply too many white folk who still consider African Americans inferior, especially in the American South.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why am I not surprised that you are in favor of racial discrimination as well?:rolleyes:

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Probably ebcause you, once again, choose to define terms in new and unusual ways, Carpo. I can send you a dictionary, it may help.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you define racial discrimination for us? You seem to know and believe I don't....

Please.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

racial discrimination
    noundiscriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race [syn: racism]

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've just described affirmative action.

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

In your eyes, yes.

In point of fact AA exists to remedy a century-plus tradition of racial discrimination.

Now, go ahead and reply with one of your usual insults, and you can say you won the argument, OK?

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, in my eyes and in fact.

Racial discrimination cannot be eliminated by creating more of it and making it legal.

10. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

How can corporate America ever become color-blind when we require them by law to not be color-blind.

I see a huge problem with useing racism to fight racism. AA if used at all should have been a very very temproary solution. Its continuence only fules the fire for people who want to have a reason to not accept people of other colors. It also is a daily reminder that color is an issue and two people of different colors can not (by law) be treated equally. After all is that not the fight of the civil rights movement to treat a person equally regardless of color. To judge a person by the content of their charicter not the color of skin. Civil rights activists should be fighting hardist against AA.

#70 DeeJay, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  11. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Since you seem to know what I MEANT and what I THINK. Why don't you go ahead and answer your own question. :rolleyes:

I have explained what I meant by my post. You have chosen to disregard it. BTW, I didn't just say, "I agree". There was a lot more to my post. Context my friend. You should try using it sometime.

12. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

So are you saying that there was no racial discrimination taking place at the time AA was enacted? What exactly do you suggest should have been done to combat the VERY REAL problem? Laws had been on the books for almost a hundred years, but without any real federal police power to enforce them they were useless.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe legalizing and creating more racial discrimination is better than enforcement of laws making it illegal?

You actually believe that by authorizing racial discrimination you can eliminate it?:tonofbricks:

Pretty cock eyed thinking. And that's being kind.

It appears that the bottom line is that liberals are in favor of racial discrimination, but only if they get to make the rules.

#73 carpro, Jan 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  14. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Well. Lets take a look at the entire post.

Originally Posted by LeBuick
    I guess it depends on what free means? Free to ride in the bac of the bus or to go to the backdoor to be served? Free to be the janitor and not the CEO? Free to not get the job or promotion because of the color of you skin? If you can that free, then I agree... Stop belly aching.

Okay, I agree. However, do you believe that the majority of black people live in this kind of victim mindset? Do you really feel as if the majority of black people "belly ache" and complain about being victims in most aspect of their lives? Say for example, a black person is discriminated against, (something that can be proven). Now if this person says something about their treatment are they living in this victimization mindset? Do they not have a right to air their grievances? I think anyone is hard pressed to prove that the majority of black people throw daily "pity parties" for themselves.

What is said after "I agree" clearly does not put it in the "context" that you assert. "I agree" cn only be in the context of what Lebuick said and nothing more. what is said after "I agree" is a redirected context. You cannot post that something is blue and later claim that what you meant was orange. The post in question is right here look at it.

15. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

What is so impossibly hard to understand about my post? (Especially after I have explained it to you multiple times already)

It is clear you misunderstood what I meant. Instead of trying to argue with me about the meaning of my own post and what I think, why not just admit it was was a misunderstanding and move on?

For the LAST TIME: (I'll be sure to break it down for you)

" Okay, I agree"
    - I agree inequality is not freedom. If there is reason to complain by all means do so, if not stop complaining

"However, do you believe that the majority of black people live in this kind of victim mindset? Do you really feel as if the majority of black people "belly ache" and complain about being victims in most aspect of their lives? Say for example, a black person is discriminated against, (something that can be proven). Now if this person says something about their treatment are they living in this victimization mindset? Do they not have a right to air their grievances? I think anyone is hard pressed to prove that the majority of black people throw daily "pity parties" for themselves."
    - The thread dealt with whether or not the majority of black Americans live in a victimized mindset. So I posed the question whether 1.) most black Americans do have a victim mindset and 2.) whether it can even be considered a "victim mindset" if they actually are victims. When does it cross from airing real grievences to living as a victim?

Do you understand now? If not, oh well. I am not going to argue with you over what I meant in my own post.