1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vodafone among firms that may move HQs from post-Brexit UK

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beginning of negative economic fallout. Bad news for the UK.

Vodafone has warned that it could move its head office from the UK if negotiations for a post-Brexit Britain do not result in freedom of movement for people, capital and goods.

The telecoms company, which employs nearly 110,000 people around the world and about 13,000 in the UK, said it would take “whatever decisions are appropriate” once the outcome of the talks is known.

In a statement, the company pointed out that its European businesses produce 55% of the group’s annual profit, the UK 11%. Britain’s membership of the EU had been an important factor in Vodafone’s growth, it said. “Freedom of movement of people, capital and goods are integral to the operation of any pan-European business, as are single legal frameworks spanning all member states.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...lan-investment-freeze-amid-brexit-fallout-cbi

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uuuuuuu the sky is falling, the sky is falling - well maybe, well we will see.

Saw an old guy dancing in the streets singing, "I've got my country back, I've got my country back." Guessing Vodaphone will really worry him :)

Sure, change usually brings change!