1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Voddie Baucham on the "Sissified Needy Jesus?"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Aug 29, 2013.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That was a short clip. Does he refrain from preaching Christ's love?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am shocked at the number of people in this thread that have completely missed the point.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Rev, what was your point in posting this?

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vodie talks about some specific examples of some misrepresentations of God. Does anyone know what his examples were?

He was not condemning preaching of the Biblical Jesus who is loving. Can anyone watch this video again and see what he was talking about?

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The point of this sermon was to show how people sugar coat their sin by comparing their goodness or badness to other people instead of to a holy righteous God. In that way, we're not so bad after all, in fact we're pretty good! I mean I never did anything as bad as Hitler, right??

I have noticed a trend in making Jesus look "cute". I see it all the time on FB. Cute little cartoons of Jesus with cute little sayings. We seem to have forgotten the greatness of God. We are turning Jesus into a caricature instead of portraying Him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

And Vodie is right when he says that God does not "need" us. We need HIM! What is man that You are mindful of him?

When I compare myself to others I'm a pretty good person. But when I compare myself to the almighty creator, sustainer, righteous, holy, full of grace and truth, I fall way short of the glory of God. That is why Christ came. To die for my sins and as He was lifted up on the cross, I was lifted up to God as His righteous and holy child, washed clean in His righteous and holy blood! Amen! THAT's my Jesus!

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that most on this thread actually got the point (and agreed with the words of the pastor).

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh then you need to go back and reread the thread.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea....I guess you're right.