1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voice of the Martyrs

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by The_Narrow_Road, Jan 16, 2003.

1. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

Voice of the Martyrs has an excellent monthly news magazine available. It deals with the persecuted Church and is free. www.vom.org

Also, I highly recommend getting the book Tortured for Christ available from Voice of the Martyrs.

If you have a heart for missions and a burden for our persecuted brethren, then visit that site. It isn't a Baptist organization though, and they do include Catholicism as Christian :( , but overall it is a great way to keep up with what is going on over in the foreign lands. Of course you can also keep in touch with the missionaries being supported by your local Church.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have appreciated their material and put a good deal of trust in what they say. Having worked with the persecuted church in the old USSR (in the 70's I took in Bibles), I know the reality of believers who are suffering for the cause of Christ.

Thanks for the good word.

3. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

The_Narrow_Road said:

It isn't a Baptist organization though, and they do include Catholicism as Christian :(

Having read Tortured for Christ, I came to the conclusion that Voice of the Martyrs does not make this distinction between Catholics and other Christians for one very good reason: often the persecutors do not make the distinction.

4. The_Narrow_Road

The_Narrow_Road New Member

Agreed. I was just recommending a great resource for news on our persecuted brethren. I guess I should have said those being persecuted for the name of Christ.

Again, this is the website for those interested: www.vom.org

Also, I've made a link on our website for the persecuted: www.geocities.com/the_narrow_road_00/persecuted_brethren.html