1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voices from the front lines

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 18, 2006.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

2. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Leabanese and Israeli connect

Bloggers connect:Wired News Link

As we drove back down the hill we could clearly see new billows of smoke rising beyond our neighborhood, and a loud double blast shook the air just as we were turning into our driveway. A minute later, the power went out. The generator took over so we could get the groceries up in the elevator, to find my mom upstairs giggling madly because the blast had made her jump 3 feet in the air from the sofa. It's just like the "good ol' days" again, we slipped right back into war mode without missing a beat. I often wondered if I could handle a war now as well as I did as a kid. So far so good. -- "Mana," in her blog Manamania, captures the scene in Beirut, Lebanon

- - -
    Mana is in her mid-20s and lives with her parents in an apartment near the city center of Beirut. She's been blogging about the Israel-Lebanon conflict since it began more than a week ago, and her posts, such as the one above, have turned her LiveJournal account into a gathering point for vibrant and surprisingly conciliatory discussions by both Lebanese and Israelis.