1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VOTE FOR CLAY H. AIKEN!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, May 20, 2003.

1. Charlotte Marcel

Charlotte Marcel New Member

Reuben won? I wonder why? Popularity apparently. It sure wasn't an extraordinary talent. Last nights performance was mediochre at best.

2. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

In the long run this will help Clay... he'll be the more independant singer of the two... American Idol pushed Kelly so far her voice gave out... Ruben is also showing this type of strain... Clay's is ringing pure... Justin is right on schedule with where he needs to be(actually he needs to be far away from recording his "music" my ears can't take it:eek ) Clay will have a better career should he decide to continue and not get his special education degree... which I hope he finds a way to do both... he doesn't need to tour a lot to be extremely popular

but that doesn't mean I'm not still sad :(

how have I been "brainwashed"????????????????????? I was raised by my racist great aunt... I was brainwashed by her until she died... then I broke out on my own.

as for black vs white... that wasn't the issue... it was teddy bear vs geek as far as IMAGE goes

how horrible to come to a Christian board and be told I'm brainwashed for liking someone who isn't white.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

[​IMG]

Second from the right, Terri Hood. She's my sister. She's in the finals for Philly Idol, a contest run by the local oldies station.

Forget Clay and Reuben, I'm, voting for her.

4. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Thats funny, I dont remember mentioning YOU in particular. But if the shoe fits......
    [​IMG]
    I dont remember accusing you of not liking someone who is white either. :(

All I'm saying is alot of young white people today have been brainwashed by our government educational institutions to feel guilty about something that happened to blacks 400 years ago and (either inadvertantly or intentionally) attempt to assuage their guilt by overcompensating for past injustices and implementing their own little affirmative action program and choosing on the basis of skin color only.

5. URGALPAL

URGALPAL New Member

its really sad when people like you turn everything into a white vs black thing. you obviously have issues with race, thats a trait with racist people.......if a black person has a victory it's only because they are black. How sad. If that was the case.....how do you explain that? please tell me your resources or are you going on pure ignorance? oh never mind I already know the answer. i'm glad i was raised in a christian, God fearing home that taught me there is only one thing to do to cure the evils in this world. and racism, in my opinion is one of the worst evils..........with that being said I will keep you in my prayers. Hope God works in your life and shows you that it's not all about race. He made the different colors of this world for a reason. not to mention that Rueban was the one God wanted to win........or he wouldn't of. it's as simple as that. [​IMG]

6. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Ok...maybe we need to take a breather guys. Hate to see anyone go on 10 day suspension. Both of you are good posters.

Sherrie

7. UnashamedYouth

He's also a Brother in Christ... so I support him even if he isn't the one I was hoping for... this is actually what he set out to do since he was three... Clay took the whole thing on because of a dare from his friends and the mother of his autistic student... his passion is helping special needs children with their education... I can see why God didn't let him win ;)

8. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Mike I do not think i can see that televised...but I will be praying for your sister!

Sherrie

9. Griffdog

Griffdog New Member

Man, that show rocks. And that Paula Abdul skit with Simon was hilarious! I love the fact that the two winners albums will go head to head for the release - a great compromise for two talented people since only one could win.

Josh

10. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Thanks, Sherrie.

The finals were tonight and we lost. One of the judges was Gloria Gaynor of "I Will Survive" fame and she confided in my brother in law that she thought my sister got robbed.

One of the good things that came out of all of this was that producer, Chuck Gamble, was one of the judges and liked her so much that he asked her to come and do some demos for him and audition for him so that may work out, afterall. So keep your fingers crossed.

11. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Well maybe something will come out of it anyway! Sorry she lost the contest...but very happy about the other!

Sherrie

12. UnashamedYouth

ITA that it is a great "consulation prize" as Clay put it... It's so funny watching their reactions to everything... Ruben is the "natural" looking star... Clay looks somewhere between scared to death and unbelieving that it's all happening... he's such an honest and humble looking person... I love 'im!